• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Making a Humidity Chamber?

Reptiles=3

Addicted Member
Hi
i'm going to make some humidity chambers for my corns and was wondering what people have used in the past that has worked well for them !!??

Thanks in advance for any replys!!

I cut a hole in the side of a small sherbert tub and filled it with wet moss. My snake, Snowflake, loves it. She burrows into the moss and also lounges on the top as well.

Is that what you're looking for?

Both will get the job done. They seem to like the moss better. Maybe it's the smell, they root around in it and really seem to enjoy themselves.

hmm

What about the actual incubation mediums? Like vermeculite? etc. Do these work in humidity boxes?

I was wondering because right now, I use paper towel for cage substrate, and in the adult corns hide boxes, I fill them with aspen. No aspen on the actual cage floor, just hides full of aspen. They love this and burrow right in, but I don't have to worry baout aspen being everywhere since I use paper towel substrate.

Would something smaller than moss like vermeculite work in a hide box as well?

I just hate moss. I know the snakes like it, but in my eyes its messy, smelly and can be dirty. My snakes like aspen just as well as moss anyways thankfully.

bmm

Hi again,

I also have another question should i put the hole in the side or the top i have seen some people that put it on the top but wouldn't that defeat the purpose and let some of the humidity escape?? thanks for any replys!!!!!

Whichever you chose.
A small hole won't let too much humidity out so don't worry. You do have to mist the stuff inside (moss, paper towels) every few days or whenever it dries out.

Back