• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Maybe our first Opal. Didn't know our male was het for anery...

artfan1

Ok, this is most likely a real simple one but since our male lavender, which we knew was het for amel, also turned out to be het for snow, we are not sure what we have.

The male, Lavender het snow
The female, Snow het lavender

Here's a pic of the parents. (The lavender is ours. But the female belongs to John Q. Just thought I would mention that for the record.)

LavenderandSnowOpal.jpg

10 Total eggs. 10 hatched

(hope I'm correct on the hets)
0.0.4 Snows het lavender
0.0.2 Anerys het lavender & amel
0.0.1 Amel het anery & lavender
0.0.2 Lavenders het anery
0.0.1 Opal het anery
lavenderopal2.jpg

lavenderopal1.jpg

(The orangish snow above is the one I hope to be the opal)

One of the snows was so badly kinked, I had to put it to sleep.
A second snow also has a slight bump on the back.
And one of the anerys had a very large pink mass in it's egg. (A twin maybe?)

My questions are this. If you look at the photos, do you think what I listed above is correct? NOTE: There is a lavender missing from the photos. He is still coming out of the egg.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Troy & Angi Dozier
Reptilian Projects

Snakexperience said:
Superb! One day.....

BTW what's the white stuff you use as bedding?

Arjan

OH, sorry. That's not what I use for bedding. As a matter of fact, I use just paper towels for hatchlings.

The white stuff is perlite. I wanted a white background for color reference, but I forgot to mention that's what it was. For the photo only.

Thanks for the replies.

Troy

Well, if the male was also het anery as well, you may have a hatchling or two in there that is homo lav snow and anery lav. BTW-there is a snow and a lav in there that look almost motley...are their bellies clear? Could be another hidden het in the parents as well. :)

wow ur lucky beautiful bunch u have. isnt that a normal in the second pic. if it is u forgot 2 list it. :cheers: lets hope they eat

DAND said:
Actually your Lavenders would be het for amel (Opal) too.

Yes, you are correct. I should have put het for anery & amel. But I put het for snow instead. Knowing that snow is anery & amel. I should have split it out for others.

Jynx said:
Well, if the male was also het anery as well, you may have a hatchling or two in there that is homo lav snow and anery lav. BTW-there is a snow and a lav in there that look almost motley...are their bellies clear? Could be another hidden het in the parents as well. :)

Funny you asked that. The last lavender to hatch looks a little bit motley to me also. I'll have to get pics of it. As for the belly, that was my first thought too. But it has some very light scattered, lavender dashes down the belly. Not checkered.

Troy

Back