• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Medusa hasnt shed yet

dsmr5456

Hey everyone. I have had my yearling corn snake Medusa for about 3 months and the first time she shed her skin the day after coming out of blue. However this time she has been out of blue for 3 days and has not shed yet. Is this normal?

Yes I am possitive. I just replaced the bedding this morning and checked her hides. Any other ideas? Thank you for the suggestion so far Nancy

She should be shedding any time now. Are you positive she was blue, though? Is she out and about, or still hiding?

My yearling male came out of blue about 4 days ago. checked his viv yesterday and found nothing. got up this morning and there was his shed. it should be anytime for yours but they take their time. i added a warm wet paper towel to his favorite hide to bring up the humidity temporarily too.

I've had corns take over 2 weeks to finally shed after I see them in blue. It tends to make me doubt myself when I mark a record as the snake being in blue, and then nothing is found by the next feeding day a week later, and then the following week as well, but then I see one later that day or the next. And it has happened enough times for me to consider it a normal occurrence.

PS - Well, not exactly "normal", but rather "one of those things that are odd but don't be concerned about as it happens and is okay."

I would take her out and handle her for about 5 minutes. When mine don't shed for 3 days after they've come out of blue I'll do that and then within five minutes of putting them back I find a nice shed :)

She just shed this evening! It was a little rough so I need to mist the cage next month but she is fine now. Thanks everyone

Back