• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Meet Ty

chag67

I know you guys have already seen my corn but my son has now met him and named our little guy. His name is Ty. I love his name and think it is pretty cool. Especially how he came up with the name. Long story but it was a battle between my son and his uncle.

Over the past couple days, my son has become quite comfortable with Ty and wants to "play" with him all the time. I have been teaching him about being gentle and allowing the snake to move with him just supporting the main belly of the snake. And to try and avoid handling the tail and head. I have noticed that Ty remembers me and actually prefers me to hold him. He quiets down very quickly when he is in my hands and starts to wrap around my hand but he tries to get away when anyone else holds him. He also won't leave my hand to go to someone else's but readily leaves their hand to come back to mine.

Ty also had his first shed yesterday through the night. The shed came off very easily and was in 3 large pieces. No fraying. I was worried because we handled him a little too much before he shed but he didn't have any problems shedding during the night.

However, I was a bit concerned that Ty did not eat today and basically ignored the fuzzy that was offered to him today. I tried offering it many times but he turned away each time and never showed interest. I made sure the fuzzy was warm/hot from hot tap water. I even tried leaving him in the dark in his small critter cage (put in the viv to maintain the warmth) alone for several hours to see if he would eat. No dice. I'll try again tomorrow. I am just chalking this up to him being slightly stressed from all the handling around Christmas.

Here are some pics of my son holding and playing with Ty. As you can see, he loves him. My son actually requested the last one so he could send the pic to his mom. lol

First meeting of my son and Ty.
image_zps34b77271.jpg

See how gentle he is holding him.
image_zps7703ef95.jpg

Pretty new colors after his shed.
image_zpsa68ae4c5.jpg

Exploring every part of my son.
image_zpsddbdde28.jpg

My son actually requested this photo op.
image_zps141456b4.jpg

Some snakes won't eat before, during, or after a shed. That is normal and you shouldn't worry.

Lucky me, I have a corn who will eat during shed, during any time really. I don't know what your feeding schedule is but just give it till the next schedule feed, try monday. Don't want to waste mice. ;)
-Skully-

Back