• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mello Yello...

CornCrazy

What's one more???
This is an AWESOME jungle corn (corn snake X California king snake hybrid). I know a lot of people don't agree with hybridization, but I personally don't have a problem with it. I think the offspring are amazing! I do, however, feel that the hybrids should ALWAYS be represented honestly!

Anyway, here he is:

mello-yello-6-10-04c.jpg

mello-yello-6-10-04.jpg

Thanks Traci for such an awesome snake!!

I have to say that is a beautiful animal. I don't say that about very many hybrids. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Don Gallagher

Beautiful snake! Have you noticed that the temperament is more like a corn or a king in the hybrids? From all the comments from people with kings (and my own personal happy experience) they seem more aggressive.

I really enjoy the look of Jungle Corns but that's the first "mellow yellow" one I've seen. It really is a beaut!

Thanks everyone!!!

I am glad you all enjoyed the pics of my beautiful jungle!

Meg, my young jungle is pretty tame. She rattles her tail on occasion, but has never attempted to bite me.

These two older ones are a bit more high strung, but I think they will tame down. I have 2 adult kings that are no more aggressive than my corns.

The only thing I've noticed about kings is that when they are young, they are more likely to musk/poop when they are held. Once they are a little older (and if they are held regularly), then they typically stop that nasty habit, though.

Did you buy these from someone with a website? And if so, can you post a link to the site? I'd really like to learn more about them.

Thanks!
Jason

Sorry...I bought them from a forum member. I don't think she has a website. I know she didn't actually produce these jungles either.

You could probably do an internet search to find out more info.

Too bad your little guy can't get together with our little girl - we didn't produce her, she was from a friend and we use her to show people what 'jungle corns' are and that they are not pure corns - but they really can be dramatically colored

6304_May_23_Bangle_29_reduced.jpg

6304_May_23_Bangle_17_reduced.jpg

This one, and her brother are both very much more like corns than kings, very calm, never musk or even think about biting. Real sweeties,

mary v.

Mary...she is VERY beautiful! Thanks for sharing pics of her. It is too bad we don't live closer to each other!

Beauties

Those are two beautiful jungle corns.
They would definitely produce some spectacular babies.
Too bad you guys live on opposite sides of the "big pond".
I love the yellow!!

Actually I was looking at the pictures again and it looks like yours, Terri, has more king in it while Mary's looks like it has more corn in it.

Wow~

those are great looking snakes~~!!

even though I don't like hybrids those are really nice looking~~

that is an awesome looking snake, i dont agree with the hybrids. But that snake makes me want to go out and buy an amel cali just so i can try too!

Re: Beauties

Jimmy Johnson said:
Actually I was looking at the pictures again and it looks like yours, Terri, has more king in it while Mary's looks like it has more corn in it.

I agree that mine looks more like a king and Mary's more like a corn. They may, however, both be equal. That's one of the cool things about hybrids is that you never know which parent they will look like. By the way, did you see the pictures of my females?

Sunshine

Amazon

I look forward to breeding mine next season just so I can see what comes out of the eggs!

Simon and limey...
Thanks for not bashing me because I like hybrids. I get that a lot! I am glad you enjoyed seeing my jungle, regarless of the fact that you do not agree with the whole hybridization thing!

I have seen a few of these in stores around where I live. I wondered if they took on the trait of eating other snakes from the king snake, but no one had the answer.

I have heard that some of them seem to be cannibalistic and some don't. It's not something I want to experiment with, however. Mine all stay separately!

As for their temperaments...that was discussed earlier in the thread :D

excellent

Those are all beautiful jungles.
It makes it kind of hard to stay away from them.
But, too many things going on to add jungles to the list...lol
Love those colors, though.

Your females are gorgeous Terri - love Amazon! she is gorgeous. The variation in these guys is amazing. There were a couple snows and anery looking ones in the clutch mine came from.

Mine are from a jungle corn X jungle corn cross, not a direct king to corn breeding. The parents were housed together for 3-4 days while they were breeding (friends own these) and no cannibalistic traits, but all our snakes are kept individually - not taking any risks!

Temperament on our jungles is as good as corns - very good feeders, don't musk, never bite - real sweeties.

this is our male - a normal,

6304_May_23_Sting_8_reduced.jpg

mary v.

Back