• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Michelangelo! 2001 Amelanistic Motley!

SteelJawEmily

So I went to a Reptile Expo and didn't bring my boyfriend....who is very good at telling me no more! So what happened? I brought someone home. :dgrin:

I was going to just keep trying to breed my Ghost, Donatello to my Anery, Onyx...but that hasn't been working out so well. So I told myself if there were any nice looking males that are breedable and within my budget that I would see what I could do.

Then I found this guy. He's 11 years old, and very very sweet. I love his colors...and coming from someone who doesn't really like orange that's saying something! I especially love the "frosting" he has going on in some places.

So, without further adieu....meet Michelangelo!
Michelangelo1.jpg

Michelangelo2.jpg

Michelangelo3.jpg

Checking out his new home
Michelangelo4.jpg

Thank you! I'm trying to figure out what kind of genes he might have. So here are some more pictures of his belly (sorry for the bad quality), and of his "frosting".

I'm still trying to figure out the whole science behind the giant genetic pool that is corn snakes, so bare with me lol

mbelly3.jpg

mbelly2.jpg

Mbelly.jpg

msides.jpg

Any ideas? Possibly Bloodred?

The belly is clear like that, not because of diffused, but because he's a motley. Motley clears away the belly checkers just like diffused does.

I'm talking about the red wash Megan, not the clear belly. I have some 100% het bloodred that have the red wash, & I suspect (I could be wrong) that it may have something to do with the het.

I concur Heather, the wash does look 'bloodredish'.

Emily, if you purchased him from Evergreen reptiles then I think they used him as a breeder. They're easy to talk to, so I'd give them a call (if that's who you got him from) and ask - they will have records (if you're curious as to other hets).

He even may be the dad of my Amel Mot girl I got from Evergreen, if you got him from them!

I did actually! I might give them a call and see. Or just wait and see what I get...that's always fun too. lol

Either way he's a pretty boy with a great personality!

Thanks Tara! :)
You know Em, if my female Bloodred doesn't find a home before next year, we can always pair him with her to see if he is in fact het for Bloodred. ;)

I'd guess that this girl is most likely his daughter then! She's got the most 'personality' out of many of my snakes:

75155_163016_Large_0hCpo06Gwua.jpg

What a cutie! And Michelangelo is sure a sweet heart.

And yep that price is correct! Now you see why I decided to get him! lol

Also, Heather, that might be a fun thing to do if you want. :) As you know, you may borrow any of my "Children" to breed with you want. For all your help!

I took everyone outside on a nice day so they could get some sun and stretch out.
So here are some pictured of Michelangelo outside, enjoying the rays. :) He's about to shed in these pictures too.
068.jpg

067.jpg

064.jpg

059.jpg

058.jpg

055-2.jpg

Back