• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mine might be a cobra

Billinms

My young cornsnake has started dancing a lot. He gets up against the glass, lifts as much as he can up in the air, and sways back and forth. It's not a steady motion, he wiggles around and will eventually get to much of his body in the air and lose his balance. He's usually prety active and seems to be healthy, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen behavior like this. Also, I call him "he", but I don't know what ses he she it is.

Well, If you've just recently got your corn, and left for a while on his own, then after a few days this sounds like normal behaviour. Your corn has settled in and has got enough courage to try his hardest to get out of the vivarium! When I first got mine, after a couple of days he was stretching to the top, and, like you described, until he had so much stretch out that he would occasionally lose balance. Remember, he is young, and his balance is not amazing! I wouldn't worry too much :)

I've had him about two months, I'm a new snake owner. He weaves around like this regardless if its light or dark. My wife thinks he's looking at his reflection. I use an overhead heat lamp.

A pair of my black rats do something kinda like that...except they do it in the middle. Not sure if it's to be threatening or if they're just curious, but they'll raise their head up like a cobra and sway for a while...they've gotten pretty good at it.

Chris

It is normal, and rather funny until he/she grows up and keeps you awake at night with their failed escape attempts.

mine does that to think he just wants took around or get out think it means hes comfortable hope so better than hiding all day :grin01:

QUOTE]I use an overhead heat lamp.[/QUOTE]

Hi Billinms, our corn usually has a good look around, straight after we have cleaned her viv. Inspects it all thoroughly to make sure everything is to her liking! :rolleyes: We have seen her right to the top of her viv completely straight, quite a feat I think!!! Just one point, the quote above says you use an overhead lamp. Do you have any under tank heating, I only ask because they really need some to aid with digestion, belly heat is necessary rather than overhead heat. Just a thought! :)

Adamscorn said:
Do you have any under tank heating, I only ask because they really need some to aid with digestion, belly heat is necessary rather than overhead heat. Just a thought! :)

So far I've just used lamps, and he seems to be doing well. He eats well and it usually takes two days lump in him to disappear. Is that about right? I'm new at this and I'm always open to advice.

my male will do that wheni get the female out, he does it for attention i think, i think he gets jelous that he is not getting any attention, lol

Back