• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Missed Connections...

richm2778

I was wondering about any stories people may have about snakes or other animals they ALMOST came into contact with and wish they had.

My Story:

I got home from work early one afternoon, and when I opened the back door to let the dog out, there was an Eastern Indigo sunning him or her self on my patio. It was good size. It was curled up, but from the girth and the number of curl, I would guess it was anywhere between 6 1/2 or 7 1/2 feet long. Super tame, no aggressive posture. I wanted so badly to hold it, but in truth, I was afraid. I did not know much about snakes at that time, and I have heard about so many water moccasins and stuff in the area. I knew next to nothing and I could not identify it by sight. I looked it up later and realized how rare they are in the wild. Wow, I wish like hell I had a picture of that one. To this day, when I open the back door, my eyes seldom fail to wander to the exact spot where the Indigo was that day...

Anyone else have stories to share?

I got one for the house....

I've been into reptiles and herping almost thirty years in the state of Florida. In that time I've seen six Florida Pines.
One evening I was driving home along a road where I hunted reptiles on either side. Right in the middle of the road was a good size Pine. I was moving at a good clip but was able to straddle him. Because of my speed it took me some distance to stop. I had a sports car and needed to be very careful in turning around due to the soft shoulders.
Behind, at some distance, was a pick up truck. When I got turned around I could see the truck was way down the road and heading in the opposite direction. I went back excited as could be but couldn't find the Pine. Then it dawned on me, the truck had picked the snake up.

Back