• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Moisture box worries

ltsweety2

29d970dd20d5bce25f2c675f4ca9b45b.jpg

So since its winter and i have on the heat my corn to Home has been very dry... Like 10% like a Desert..

So when she sheds i tried using this moisture box just in case she needed it. Which i nva seen her in it so i took it out... Like 2 weeks ago..
But today i looked and its dry again so i put water in it and put it in her home and this time she tried it but its smaller than in would wang it to be.. She had her tail out so i wasn't sure if it was to small...

Now im nervous whether she can get out or not...
Is this normal for her to stay in there til she feels better?

Keya

I don't know much about moisture boxes, but I do know that another way you can raise the humidity is to spray the tank with a spray bottle. Looking at the box though, I think she can get out, snakes are pretty flexible. :)

Good luck!

Snakes don't get stuck easily, so your snake definitely isn't stuck. Probably just enjoying the humidity! If you're worried you can always take the lid off but rest is on top of the Tupperware. So instead of only being able to come out of the hole on the top your snake can push the lid up and get out that way. But it doesn't look too small to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with ballpythoncrazy about laying the top on loosely and on your snake not being stuck. It's hard to tell from your picture, but it looks like your opening may be on the small side. I use 1 1/2 times the diameter of the snake as a guideline.

My house stays a little more humid, like 40% even in the coldest part of winter, and I still use humid hides. I fill mine halfway with soaked and then squeezed out as much as I can in my hand, sphagnum moss. Even with a larger hole in the top they stay moist for a suprisingly long time.

Last edited:
Back