• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Moldy eggs example

Eli173

I just wanted to post an example of why you shouldn't give up on moldy eggs unless they collapse. Both pics are the same two moldy eggs. Moldy egg on the left hatched a couple days ago and moldy egg on the right just started piping today.

Attachments

• Moldy egg 1.jpg
    Moldy egg 1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 207
  • Moldy egg 2 ghost.jpg
    Moldy egg 2 ghost.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 204
lovely! what color is the pink one? Hmmm, how far is Iowa from Missouri LOL??

Only a stones throw away. ;)

The pink one is a hypo snow het charcoal, blood and 50% poss het stripe. The other is a ghost het charcoal, blood, 66% poss het amel, 50% poss het stripe.

Ooo
These pics always get me so excited!
I only just got eggs four days ago and I'm already dying for pippies :D

Fantastic news of them hatching!
I bet you're really pleased!

Only a stones throw away. ;)

The pink one is a hypo snow het charcoal, blood and 50% poss het stripe. The other is a ghost het charcoal, blood, 66% poss het amel, 50% poss het stripe.

Ooo, I'd love to get one of those from you but I just got offered for FREE 3 Amels from a butter x Hypo Mot breeding. I am educating the very caring owner on co-habbing and stuff. I am so glad I have Kathy's book and this site to refer to. I have told her she needs to join here so I hope to see her soon. In the back of my mind I am hoping one of these new ones is male so in oh 2 or 3 years I can try him with my Rose. If there is I'm going to call him Thorn because every rose has a thorn lol!

The ghost decided to come out of his shell sometime last night. Looks perfectly healthy and weighed in at 9 grams. :)

They're not corns, but the following link is pretty remarkable as far as moldy eggs go. The chondro eggs depicted in the link below had black fungus and were incredibly nasty but all hatched save for one that had weak veins to begin with. It's definitely something to consider when determining an egg's chances of survival.

http://moreliaviridis.yuku.com/topic/11173

Congratulations on the pippies! I've got my first eggs incubating and this is an inspiration. I'll keep hoping that the moldy ones will hatch until.....well, until they either DO hatch or it becomes completely obvious even to ME that they won't.

Back