• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Moonlight Lamps

Cora

I was just wondering about moonlight lamps. or Light Bulbs.

Are they good or bad?
I was looking for something to add extra heat, to heat the air, because I live in a fairly northern climate, and it does get quite cool at night specially with winter coming. I have a UTH, which is warm enough now, but what about in the winter?
Also The moonlight light, is not a strong light like a regular heat lamp bulb. ( I mean the amount of light given off, not heat)

Please let me know!
Thanks
Cora

You could also look into red lights...Infrared. This is what I use. Doesn't get too awefully cold here, but cold enough that a UTH doesn't cut it by itself. I leave the red lights on day and night if needed.

My house gets a little chilly in the winter. Especially durring the day, we turn the heat down because we are not home and at night. So I use one of those dual lights and have a daylight bulb during the day and a red night time bulb. Both are 100 watts. It keeps my cage between 78-82 during the day. If need be I'll turn the UTH on too, so far I havn't had to turn it on. I find the red night bulb gives off more heat then the daylight one.

I find with the UTH under my hides it can get really hot if I leave it on for a long time. I leave the digital probe under there all the time and with the UTH I've seen it read 90 degrees. In which I quickly turn it off. I usually only have it on when I'm home and can check it often.

Jean

Back