• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

More of name that morph!

2manysnakes

I smell a rat
These are our new snakes. I'm still learning how to identify them, so I wanted to ask your opinion.
1-
corn018.jpg

2-
corn017.jpg

3-
corn016.jpg

4-
corn013.jpg

5-
corn012.jpg

Anery
Amel
Amel
Anery

Carmel?
Anery
Amel
Amel
Amel

lol, I'm not too good with morohs, but I know I got a few right.

Okay, here goes nothing.

1 - anery
2 - amel/sunglow
3 - hmmm, that one's interesting beacuse it almost looks to dark to be an amel, which was my first thought. i'll say amel though.
5 - anery, although I'd like to see him out of shed, if you have the chance.
6 - amber
7 - amel
8 - Amel, looks like an RO.
9 - amel
10 - BEAUTIFUL amel
11 - amel/RO

okay, so those are my guesses.

Great group of snakes. By the way, which is the young female that may be gravid that was talked about in the breeding forum?

still new at this but will give it a go:
1. ?
2. amel blue gravid
3. amel blue gravid
4. hypo (?) blue gravid
5. anery (?) blue gravid
6. ?
7. 8. 9. amel gravid
10. 11. amel
gravid is my opinion, either that or they are fat????
So you have at least 7 gravid females which means you should start stocking up on pinkies now, lol. Good luck with all of this that could be a %^&& load of hatchlings. susan

Without stating pattern morphs, these are my best guesses:

1 Anery
2 Amel in shed, might be "sunglow"
3 Probably Amel (can't see eyes)
4 Hypo (note black pupils and grey blotch borders)
5 Anery or charcoal in shed (if eyes were not blue, it'd be easier to tell...)
6 Absolutely gorgeous caramel
7 Amel verging on "sunglow"
8 Amel
9 Amel verging on "sunglow"
10 Amel
11 Amel verging on "reverse okeetee"

tbtusk: I'm with you on almost everything. O.K., here we go!

1) Anery A
2) Sunglow
3) Sunglow... possible Amel Bloodred (we'd have to see ventral shots)
4) I'm thinkin' ultramel (or possibly hypo)
5) Anery B
6) Amber
7) Sunglow
8) Reverse Ok.
9) Sunglow
10) Amel
11) Reverse Ok.

:shrugs:

1. Caramel
2. Amel
3. Amel/Het bloodred?
4. Normal
5. Anery
6. Hypo Amel
7. Amel
8. Hypo Amel
9. Amel
10. Amel
11. Amel
12. Amel

Those are my best shots.........

Okay, here it goes (watch all of these be wrong...)

1. Anery... but there's something odd about it, like it's het for Ice or something.
2. I would say Lava because of the darker coloring, translucent, thin borders, and what looks like the Mimic Motley Pattern.
3. Lava, again, same reasoning.
4. Hypomelanistic- lighter colors with a rather thin border.
5. Charcoal because of the brown and lack of yellow pigment.
6. Amber.
7. Amel.
8. Ultramel- the orange red scales with the really pale yellow ground color.
9. Amel.
10. Amel.
11. Another Ultramel.

Just my opinions. Hope everything goes well, seems really exciting! ^_^

Mmm... Taking another look, 8 and 11 may also be light reverse okeetees. Post more pics after they've shed? There're all rather beautiful, regardless of morph.

jmksnakes said:
tbtusk: I'm with you on almost everything. O.K., here we go!

1) Anery A
2) Sunglow
3) Sunglow... possible Amel Bloodred (we'd have to see ventral shots)
4) I'm thinkin' ultramel (or possibly hypo)
5) Anery B
6) Amber
7) Sunglow
8) Reverse Ok.
9) Sunglow
10) Amel
11) Reverse Ok.

:shrugs:

And I meant to say hypo for 4 too. :)

I'm thinking het blood for #3 but homo is possible. The only thing is my normal het snow stripe (i don't think any of those genes would cause it) has a ventral just like that, except with black of course, so that could just be a strange pattern too, although i think that's unlikely. Not sure, only breeding trials will tell for sure of course.

2manysnakes: jeez, that caramel (amber) really is young! She'd worry me if she seemed gravid. I'd be worried about her being gravid too.

Now are you planning on testing these guys to see what they really are? And if so how? Just breed them to each other and see what pops out and hope that gives you some insight? It's going to be fun to see what the hets are.

We are hopping to get some papers or somehow contact the previous owner to find out. Other wise it could take years to find out all the morphs and hets in there.

We found out the previous owner had to sell them because of getting married and housing rules where he moved. The friend of ours didn't want him to sell them online because he would loss his supply. So he bought them and didn't have enough cages for them all. He put them all in one big cage and they were in there for about 2-3 weeks. In that time he saw them all getting it on with everyone. Thats were we got them. He does have paprework on them all listing hets and everthing. We are going back to get those papers and play look it up.

1 - anery
2 - amel/sunglow in blue
3 - amel/sunglow in blue too?
4 - normal or hypo, can't tell
5 - anery in blue
6 - caramel
7 - amel/sunglow
8 - amel
9 - amel/sunglow
10 - amel
11 - amel

There's my input. Many of them I put amel/sunglow because it's hard to tell - many of them look to be in shed. Can you possibly get a shot from above on that caramel? That would probably help a little. She sure is small though. If they were together for 2-3 weeks they're probably getting to the point of prelay sheds so you'll want lots of lay boxes for the girls...well, anyone that sheds really unless you've probed them. Otherwise you could end up with a "boy" that lays eggs based on the word of this guy.

~Katie

1 & 5: Anery
2 (in blue), 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (Reverse Okeetee): Amel
4: Hypo in blue
6: Caramel

#1 and #5 are anery.
#4 is hypo
#6 is amber
All the others are amels, with many of them sunglows or very close to being sunglow. The last one is not a RO in my opinion...the borders aren't large and clearly defined and the ground color is too washed out.

1. Anery
2. Amel (could be Sunglow)
3. Amel (could be Sunglow)
4. Hypo
5. Anery
6. Amber
7. Amel (could be Sunglow)
8. Amel (IMO Not quite wide, or clean, enough borders for a Reverse Okeetee)
9. Amel (could be Sunglow)
10. Amel
11. Amel (IMO Not quite wide, or clean, enough borders for a Reverse Okeetee)

Thanks everyone

So many different opinions, but I have gone with the majority vote to classify each of them. I felt kind of silly at first not being able to positively ID any of them, but it seems that I am not alone lol. These little suckers can be quite tricky. Thank you all for your help.

Back