• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Morph ID help.

Pinkeye714

Hello all. I have just got two new baby corn snakes. I do not know what they are, nor does the person i got them from. A pet shop. They were labeled as corn snakes ahah.
Here is what i am thinking, one is a Ghost and the other is a Ghost motley. I thought Anery at first, but the color is a little light for one. my anery was darker as a baby. so anyways here you go.

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

Thank you!

I almost have to wonder if the second one is a charcoal motley. The near-black eyes, and the non-contrasty head pattern are very charcoal-esque.

I almost have to wonder if the second one is a charcoal motley. The near-black eyes, and the non-contrasty head pattern are very charcoal-esque.

That does seem like it. I have tried very hard to get a better picture of the eyes. I have shined a light to see the pupils or attempt and the color of the eye is very dark grey. in the day it looks like the snake has one big black eye. ahah

While I agree that the second one looks like a ghost motley, as dark as those saddle bands and belly checks are on the first, I'd call it an anery. And anerys are often that light at that age.

While I agree that the second one looks like a ghost motley, as dark as those saddle bands and belly checks are on the first, I'd call it an anery. And anerys are often that light at that age.

I'd buy that.

How likely is it that a charcoal motley is floating around in a pet store? Very unlikely...That's a VERY rare morph.

If anery floats around in charcoal so often, I'm sure there are aneries out there with charcoal. *shrugs* The head just looks a bit charcoal-ish.

And didn't someone find an amber diffused at a pet store not long ago?

I agree that #2 looks very charcoal-esque, but I'm no expert by any means.

Agree that #1 is probably a very light anery, not a ghost, though.

Well the pet store is a reptile based pet shop. who gets their animals from breeder. Just they do not focus much on corn snakes or their morphs. but if the first one looked to be a light anery. then i think the second one must be anery too? They came from the same clutch.

oh well. I love them. they make me want to give them snake hugs ahah
Thank you all :]

Back