• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Morph ID

vovalyosha

Хоккей и
tumblr_m9umj9dsHd1qjjpwho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9umjlnYpc1qjjpwho1_1280.jpg

I'm thinking Amel and Hypo Amel? They were at the local petsmart and they are just so sweet. Neither are headshy and loved being held, so I was just curious. (I'm really just a sucker for store pets. They look so miserable. :()

I wouldn't be me if I didn't advise you not to buy a snake from a chain store, it seems to be the rare one that does things right. And these two are already being co-habbed, what else are they doing wrong? How much do they want for them? Seriously, don't buy a snake because it looks miserable. Buy one because it looks perfectly healthy and happy and you want your money to go to people who cared about it, not reward a-holes who see reptiles as nothing more than store profits. I know you want to help one snake, but for the sake of many more, it's best to walk away. I bet someone here *ahem* can send you a beautiful, healthy corn shipped less than those cost, also. For that matter, there's a reptile show in Dallas October 6th & 7th. http://www.lonestarreptileexpos.com/

I see a sunkissed and a normal.

Amel is short for amelanism which means "lacking black". As you can see, these critters have plenty of black pigment and thus cannot be amels.

I see a sunkissed and a normal.

Amel is short for amelanism which means "lacking black". As you can see, these critters have plenty of black pigment and thus cannot be amels.

The story had them labeled as Amels, but yeah. Makes sense.

I wouldn't be me if I didn't advise you not to buy a snake from a chain store, it seems to be the rare one that does things right. And these two are already being co-habbed, what else are they doing wrong? How much do they want for them? Seriously, don't buy a snake because it looks miserable. Buy one because it looks perfectly healthy and happy and you want your money to go to people who cared about it, not reward a-holes who see reptiles as nothing more than store profits. I know you want to help one snake, but for the sake of many more, it's best to walk away. I bet someone here *ahem* can send you a beautiful, healthy corn shipped less than those cost, also. For that matter, there's a reptile show in Dallas October 6th & 7th. http://www.lonestarreptileexpos.com/

Overall, I think they look miserable because the viv is way too small. It's what really bugs me when I go to get new substrate, bulbs, etc. Plus being cohabbed together is the cherry-topper. I think these were 35 apiece, they were both happy in my hands, but I understand. It just bothers me to see them all cooped up in a 2.5gal crammed on a shelf. I went to the NARBC a week ago or so, but it was so hot and my mother wasn't going for that one bit. I've never been to the Lone Star one, so I'll look into it. :)

Sunkissed on the left, normal (or possibly a hypo) on the right. And I also would advise to restrain from buying snakes from any chain petstore... I've seen plenty of terrible things first hand. And in my opinion, even buying snakes "to rescue them" or because "they were just too cute to leave there" is still feeding the demand for snakes from pet stores. Even if it kills me, I still personally won't ever buy a snake from one. Especially if I saw a sunkissed, it would possibly kill me not to take it home. lol

Back