• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Morph questions

Trex

hi guys, good day to all
can you pls. help me if these corn snakes are what the seller said they are?.
got this as a hypo corn:
Hypocorn2.jpg

Hypoheadshot1-1.jpg

MyHypoventral.jpg

is this an anery Type A
AneryA-1.jpg

AneryTypeA.jpg

AneryA-2-1.jpg

thanks in advance for your help.....

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. But, I'll toss in my two cents.

I'd say that the first snake is a classic. Generally from my experience hypos don't tend to have thick black borders like that. Gorgeous classic, but I'm going to say classic.

The second one is certainly Anery, whether it is Anery A or B is beyond me to say.

I think they were sold to you correct. The definition of Hypo is reduced black pigmentation and yours doesn't have very much black bordering, and I can see from the pic that the belly checkers aren't all solid black some are glazed over with a yellowish color just like my Hypo. The second looks like an anery a. anery b are the granite, lighter gray colored anerys I believe.

The one is an anery A, and while there is a good lot of variation among both hypo and normal corns, I'd personally say that it looks normal to me. It can be hard to tell on some individuals though.

If that's yellow I see on the "chin" of your Anery then I believe you have an Anery A. Anery B (charcoals) are said to be without the tendency to get yellow.

ok now its s sure for anery A...
but the hypo/normal? I'm not sure anymore..hehe
thanks for your answers.....

If that's yellow I see on the "chin" of your Anery then I believe you have an Anery A. Anery B (charcoals) are said to be without the tendency to get yellow.

You're right about the general tendency, but there are anery A's who lack the yellow and anery B's/charcoals who develop it. Yellow or the lack thereof can't be used to determine which type of anery one has.

ok now its s sure for anery A...
but the hypo/normal? I'm not sure anymore..hehe
thanks for your answers.....
There are dark hypos and light normals. It's easy to see in hatchlings which is which, but adult coloration can be trickier to visually identify. Belly checkers on hypo A's and saddle borders will usually show in natural light as a deep "bronzey" color rather than true black. The fact that the belly checkers arent' completely black isn't necessarily significant. A lot of normals have some yellow or brown tones to their belly checkers.

There are folks who label a snake with smallish borders "hypo" when in fact it's simply part of the range of normal. This doesn't matter if your snakes are pets, but can obviously affect breeding plans and outcomes.

Is the seller someone who's an established breeder? If so, you can (likely) trust what s/he says. If not, take information that's not obvious with the proverbial grain of salt. Did you get any information about the snakes' parentage?

You're right about the general tendency, but there are anery A's who lack the yellow and anery B's/charcoals who develop it. Yellow or the lack thereof can't be used to determine which type of anery one has.

There are dark hypos and light normals. It's easy to see in hatchlings which is which, but adult coloration can be trickier to visually identify. Belly checkers on hypo A's and saddle borders will usually show in natural light as a deep "bronzey" color rather than true black. The fact that the belly checkers arent' completely black isn't necessarily significant. A lot of normals have some yellow or brown tones to their belly checkers.

There are folks who label a snake with smallish borders "hypo" when in fact it's simply part of the range of normal. This doesn't matter if your snakes are pets, but can obviously affect breeding plans and outcomes.

Is the seller someone who's an established breeder? If so, you can (likely) trust what s/he says. If not, take information that's not obvious with the proverbial grain of salt. Did you get any information about the snakes' parentage?

The seller got it from an importer here and that was what he was told, a hypo. also he doesn't have information about the parentage.....

here's more pictures of the hypo or normal
(I'm not really sure anymore...hehe):
DSCN0400.jpg

DSCN0396.jpg

sorry maybe too large pictures...hehehe

It's definately a normal. Hypos don't have black checkers on their belly that are as dark as those. Before reading your post and upon seeing the first picture, I thought "normal" when I saw the first snake.

It's definately a normal. Hypos don't have black checkers on their belly that are as dark as those. Before reading your post and upon seeing the first picture, I thought "normal" when I saw the first snake.

thanks Tim.
well I just hope this one has got some nice hets...hehehe

I hate to say this, but there are always the exceptions:

'06 Serpenco Hypo het cinder female
photo.php

And her mate for this year:

'06 Low Belly Hypo Upper Keys ph cinder male (belly not as dark as above female, but the black is pretty dark, not bronze)
photo.php

As for the snake in question, I would need to see photos that don't have an artificial color wash over them, but I am currently leaning towards a normal based on the overall look.

Back