• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Motley? Cubed? Amel?

daneale777

Hey guys. I just picked up this beautiful boy(?) last night from someone off of Craigslist for fifty dollars. She didn't know much about him or her because she rescued him from someone who was basically starving him or her.
Anyway, I have a couple questions I was hoping some of you might have ideas on:

Is this simply an amel? I've never seen an adult. He or she is supposed to be about 3 or 4, but I think younger. The lady thought it was called sunkissed or something else.

Second, and third: Is this a motley or even possibly a cubed. She/ he looks to have square markings rather than circles.

Sorry the pics aren't very good. I'll post more soon once my new baby (I think I'm naming Zeppelin, btw) settles in a bit more.

He was used in petting zoos for a while and is incredibly friendly and fearless, even of my cats!

Thanks so much,
Daneale

Attachments

• IMG_0395 (2).jpg
    IMG_0395 (2).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 51
For colour morph, I'd say a really nice bright amel, too much white to be a sunglow and the pattern looks normal to me. Nice rescue!

Thanks for your opinions. Like I said; I've never seen an adult amel, nor even an adult corn, in person. Hard to believe, when I've turned into such a "corny" in such a short while!!
She/he seems to still be a tad underweight, so I'll have to do something about that in short order. I didn't have anything else, because I wanted expecting to get her/him, but he did gulp down three of the biggest pinks I had in the freezer in quick order.

Thanks again,
Daneale

Back