• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Motley/Stripe...right?

rusticreptiles

Hello,

I bred my xanthic snow motley male to my anery female (unknown hets at the time). I got some anerys and snows (so mom is het amel), but I got these two and I'm assuming they are motley/stripes and that mom is het stripe. Is that correct? Just wanting to know what to call them and what gene mom had to make them. Thanks for looking!

last 2 pics are the parents:

Attachments

• Licorice small.JPG
    Licorice small.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Twizzler small.JPG
    Twizzler small.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Annika small.jpg
    Annika small.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Mercury small.jpg (3).JPG
    Mercury small.jpg (3).JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 125
OH... my god... I want that first baby!!!!!! So flipping amazing! I have no answer for you, but I wanted to gush.

Thanks! I like them too and they are definately staying here. Licorice is the first one and Twizzler is the other one. They are from a double clutch the first clutch didn't make it so these little buggers are a blessing and really special to me. Just need to know for sure that the mom is het stripe to make that pattern happen. :)

I would say those are definitely motley pin stripes and beautiful ones at that. I am assuming that they have clear bellies?

Wow- gorgeous!!! All you can say for sure is that they are for sure homo motley. You can't tell if they are het stripe. A motley can be completely pinstriped like yours are and not have a stripe gene. It would be interesting to breed the female to a stripe and see if you got motleys or stripes. That would prove whether she is het motley or het stripe.

"Pinstripe motley" means a genetic motley with a solid or nearly solid stripe. This is what these babies are.

Thanks for the compliments! I'm completely in love with them!
Ok, so I need to breed her to a known stripe and if she is het stripe I will get stripes...if she is motley I will get more like these or ??? So if she were het motley it would produce the pinstripe look of these guys? Sorry if you already explained this, but the motley dominating the stripe and the varying looks of motleys confuses the heck out of me! LOL.

P.S. I will definately be repeating this pairing at some point! :)

Sorry Nanci, I must have been composing the above while you were posting the pinstripe comment. So I shall call them " Pinstripe Motleys", and pinstripe motleys are what they shall be. :)

Thanks for the compliments! I'm completely in love with them!
Ok, so I need to breed her to a known stripe and if she is het stripe I will get stripes...if she is motley I will get more like these or ??? So if she were het motley it would produce the pinstripe look of these guys? Sorry if you already explained this, but the motley dominating the stripe and the varying looks of motleys confuses the heck out of me! LOL.

P.S. I will definately be repeating this pairing at some point! :)

Whatever they turn out to be, those are some very nice pin striping patterns!

motley/stripe x stripe = 50% stripes, 50% motley/stripe

motley x stripe = 100% motley/stripe

I agree with everyone else, those are GORGEOUS examples of pinstripe motleys. I love how solid that line is! Good pairing!

Thanks again for the compliments! Lucky pairing is more like it. I only expected anerys het for caramel, amel and motley so these babies were a fantastic surprise!

I often wish they could stay just as they hatch out, forever. Well, after the first shed.

I often wish they could stay just as they hatch out, forever. Well, after the first shed.

Anery would probably be among one of my favorite morphs if they would just stay the way they look after the first shed! Such nice contrasting colors.

Man are they nice. They one almost reminds me of a snow tessera... But they really are nice Pinstripe Motleys at that! Stunning!

I got these two and I'm assuming they are motley/stripes and that mom is het stripe. Is that correct?

Beautiful motley/stripe hatchlings, but there is something more.
They have no patterns on the sides. Maybe they also have diffusion gene blurring the patterns on the sides.

/Niklas

Back