• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mouse Factory or Rodentpro?

Do you prefer The Mouse Factory or RodentPro?

• Total voters

daneale777

So, I was planning on ordering at least a couple hundred mice today, since I now have two adult corns and three hungry babies.
Before I do, I wanted to ask which place you all prefer. I've used The Mouse Factory before and was very happy, but am needing many more mice this time, and it looks as if I would save quite a bit of money if I went with Rodentpro.
Is it worth it?

Thanks!!
Sincerely,
Daneale

You are going to get replies from people that disagree with me, but I like rodentpro for their prices, their ability to fill large orders without needing much notice and their online ordering ease. (and I am also intrigued that they offer chicks and quail which I have been planning to try with some of my larger corns) The drawbacks are that they have a 'one size fits all' shipping box and it takes some preplanning to get the best value and not be paying for a half empty box to be shipped to you... also they do not vacuum seal their mice so they will last longer if you have a 'seal a meal' or other device to repack them and prevent freezer burn. I have read a lot of good things also about the mouse factory. I know they have a very loyal customer base. :)

I voted Rodent Pro....but I have no expertise on the Mouse Factory. I will say, that Mouse Factory seems to have a very passionate following. I use Rodent Pro and Mice Direct depending on product availability.

Chris

Mouse Factory by a far, far, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar margin!

I would say the mouse factory but I also only have 2 young snakes so shipping would not be worth it for rodent pro but i think that if you are ordering a larger amount and you plan it out correctly its probably worth looking at rodent pro.

I've used Mouse Factory for years and have always been pleased. Recently, I ordered from another supplier because they were cheaper, and I regretted it! Their mice were much smaller and smelled funny. I went right back to the Mouse Factory and will stick with them.

Been using Rodent Pro since my first online frozen order and have never had any reason to look anywhere else. I have frequently checked others for price comparisons, just to make sure I was getting the most for my money, and it has never been close. They may not be vacuum sealed, but I've never had any go bad before being used (or received any already bad), so I won't be fooled into thinking that's worth paying more for. Some may be ok paying for fancy packaging, but I'd rather just buy what I actually need.

Thank you all so much for your many responses!! I'm waiting for a quote from Edna at The Mouse Factory. It does seem as if RodentPro has smaller mice with the same name, so I've adjusted accordingly and will decide when I get the quote. I'm not so concerned with the vacuum sealing part, as I always seal my own.
Thanks again, and keep 'em coming!!

Sincerely,
Daneale

Edna is great. I've only dealt with her through emails but she is great at answering questions and quickly processing your order. I've placed two orders with her and have nothing but good things to say about her company.

If you haven't purchased a food saver yet, I highly recommend picking one up. I have this one and it works perfectly:

http://www.target.com/Rival-Press-Hold-Food-Sealer/dp/B000MRBKZU/sr=1-6/qid=1205979866/ref=sr_1_6/601-9172849-6631331?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Afood%20saver&page=1

All the best!

Edna is great. I've only dealt with her through emails but she is great at answering questions and quickly processing your order. I've placed two orders with her and have nothing but good things to say about her company.

For those of you who haven't purchased a food saver yet, I highly recommend picking one up. I have this one and it works perfectly:

http://www.target.com/Rival-Press-Hold-Food-Sealer/dp/B000MRBKZU/sr=1-6/qid=1205979866/ref=sr_1_6/601-9172849-6631331?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Afood%20saver&page=1

All the best!

For those of you who haven't purchased a food saver yet, I highly recommend picking one up. I have this one and it works perfectly:

All the best!

I would have to agree with you. Edna is great!! That's why I'm asking everyone's thoughts before I stray....
I'm just a bit poor, so I'm hoping to be able to go a little cheaper if it doesn't sacrifice quality.

Thanks
-Daneale

I would have to agree with you. Edna is great!! That's why I'm asking everyone's thoughts before I stray....
I'm just a bit poor, so I'm hoping to be able to go a little cheaper if it doesn't sacrifice quality.

Thanks
-Daneale

Well a few hundred mice isn't going to fill up a box from Rodent Pro. So I'd assume that you'll pay a bit extra for the TMF mice, but you'll save on shipping. If you need to, it's cold enough in most parts of the country that you can do 2nd day air if you really need to cut the costs. They don't guarantee the shipment, but if temps are freezing there's no reason why it'd be an issue.

I'd rather spend an extra $20 per $100 if that means I'm going to get a quality product.

Rodent pro sucks IMHO. I tried them twice and both times were not good experiences; needless to say they didn't get a 3rd chance with me. I use Big Cheese Rodents, but mainly because they're local so I don't have to pay for shipping.

But if the choice is RP or TMF, then TMF w/o a doubt. Stay away from rodent pro.

You may want to try a local pet store first. You'll surely find frozen mice there and can make a larger commitment at a later time.

Best wishes.

I've tried many mice suppliers and the Mouse Factory does have the best quality. However, if you're in a pinch and need a lower price, Big Cheese Rodents has very competitive prices and has a far superior product than Rodent Pro or Mice Direct.

Been using Mouse Factory for 7+years. Have tried two others in that time--they couldn't compare with the Factory's quality and customer service!!!! Will never stray again!!!!!! My $.02!!!!!!

Shalom,

Pat Glazener-Cooney

I use the Big Cheese Rodent Factory. Have been since I got my girls last year. Excellent quality, shipped completely frozen, and the prices the most reasonable I could find. Got 50 large pinkies and 50 small fuzzies for $40.00.

http://www.bigcheeserodents.com/

Back