• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Moving...and have eggs

mchadwick

Hello! I am moving in 29 days. I have 16 eggs in an incubator that were laid May 14th. My husband and I are moving at the end of June (28th-30th). My question is... How sensitive will the eggs be at that time? What is the chance that moving the incubator will damage or kill my babies? What precautions should we take? I don't want to lose any of my eggs because of the move. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I am not too sure about how sensitive the eggs will be at that time but all I can advise is to limit the amount of time that the eggs are not in an active running incubator.
Of course take safe precautions when moving the incubator containing the eggs inside by securing it from rocking and swinging back and forth to much.

Thanks! We are only moving 15 miles from where we are now....so they won't be unplugged for long.... they will be the last thing we move and the first thing in our new place!

Then you should be fine. As long as the temperature in the incubator remains close to what it is running at. 15 miles is very close, the eggs will be fine! Good luck!

Back