• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

mr pickles

andy_771

hello everyone meet mr pickles had him since 25th jan 06 not sure how old he is if anyone can tell would be nice to know and how big he is

Attachments

• DSC02688.JPG
    DSC02688.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC02727.JPG
    DSC02727.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC02733.JPG
    DSC02733.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC02738.JPG
    DSC02738.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC02729.JPG
    DSC02729.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 88
Very cute! Congrats!

I was wondering...how secure are those shelves in your viv. Those are pretty cool looking!

Hi Andy, thats a nice home Mr Pickles has but i would put in a couple of hides for him to make him feel secure..... :)

Hi Andy, Mr Pickles is most likely from last summer but it's really hard to tell as snakes grow according to how much and how often they're fed. If he was living in a pet shop and being fed once a week then I'd say he's not older than from last summer but if he was getting regular feeds (every 4-5 days) and in a private home then he could be as young as 3-4 months.

I'm wondering the same thing as the others in regard to his hides and humidity needs. Young snakes are very timid by nature and do best when they can hide to their hearts content.

Good luck,
Adèle

Menhir said:
Just a question - does "Mr.Pickles" shed correctly?
Good point...he does seem to have some retained skin. I didn't look at him quite that closely before.

If he is having shedding problems, it can be detrimental to his health. Please make sure ALL of the old skin is off of him. You can do a search for ways to help.

The shelves look great. What is holding them up and where did you get them?
My son would love something like that for our corn.

hello

yes hello with regard to the hide i took them out to do the pics as he does like to hide alot and wanted some decent pics the shelves are bilt in come like that from the pet shop but i know a bit about glass and they would be glued on with a uv glue that is for glass the shedding thing ive had him 2 months and hes shed twice he has not shed in one go ether time ive used shed ease on him seems to work well i think it has been down to humidity as i did not know this mattered i asked the pet shop for all the main things to be done but am now learning that a lot of what they told me was wrong :eek1:

So cute... and the shelves look pretty cool. How long will they be able to support his weight??

the shelves are there for good the viv came like that and they are load bearing so to speak so should be good for life and from what the pet shop told me the viv is also big enough to keep for life glad you like him we think he is great :rolleyes:

Back