• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mr. Slithers

celica_goddess

Mr. Slither's mommy
This is my very first snake ever. I just got him two days ago - he's 7 months old and very sweet!

snake_edit-1.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

Awsome snake. I have 2 questions though. On that first picture.. how did you do that? I have a ton of graphics programs and haven't figured how to do that. Also where did you get the skull from? I love it!:dancer:

Welcome to your new addiction. Where one snake is...many will follow.:crazy02:

I use LiveQuartz. It's a free image editing program from Apple. I make two copies in iPhoto (one color one b&w), then copy them over, so there are two layers. Put the color one on the bottom. Use the eraser tool and erase on the b&w what you want in color. You'll want to zoom way in to get the edges real clean.

Hope this helps!

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!!

Very nice looking snake.

The title caught my attention because my first snake was named Mr. Slithers :)

Regards,
Steve

P.S. Unfortunately my Mr. Slithers is currently in my freezer awaiting a proper burial :eek:

In the past I would have said that's kinda gross - but now that I have mice in my freezer...lol

It's kind of funny like that...it's keeping mice in the freezer and warming them up in a cup of hot water, it’s the slits in the backs of the mice to aid in digestion. It's not too surprising that people think "snake people" are weird :cheers:

Regards,
Steve

It's kind of funny like that...it's keeping mice in the freezer and warming them up in a cup of hot water, it’s the slits in the backs of the mice to aid in digestion. It's not too surprising that people think "snake people" are weird :cheers:

Regards,
Steve

I use styrofoam cups so I can throw them away - I don't think I could drink out of something that a dead rodent was in, I'm not that hardcore...yet. My bf's brother had a huge python, he would buy it live rats, but stun them first by wacking the bag they were in against the wall. I don't think I could do that - I'll stick to the frozen ones!

I don't think I could drink out of something that a dead rodent was in, I'm not that hardcore...yet

OK...I'm strange, but not that strange. I have a couple of dedicated pyrex measuring cups for the task :)

Regards,
Steve

I don't think I could drink out of something that a dead rodent was in, I'm not that hardcore...yet.

Are you a vegitarian? If not how could you eat off of something that a DEAD COW had been on.. or for that matter...... how could you eat that dead cow?

Really, after awhile, it all becomes the same thing. Yea, you can see the teeth and eyes and tail and fur, but it's all just food. Just because a mouse touched a cup doesn't mean that it's tainted..

My boyfriend's dad sees things your way though. Every time I thaw out a mouse and he's around he says things like, "do you have you use that mug?" :smash:

I use styrofoam cups so I can throw them away - I don't think I could drink out of something that a dead rodent was in, I'm not that hardcore...yet. My bf's brother had a huge python, he would buy it live rats, but stun them first by wacking the bag they were in against the wall. I don't think I could do that - I'll stick to the frozen ones!

LOL, I use one that I got from the local convenience store. Medium size, it will hold 1 small rat and four fuzzies (each in their own snack baggie). The lid keeps the mice down inside the warm water until its time to do the feeding. It doesn't get used for anything other than thawing mice.

I probably couldn't stun a rat or mouse... so good thing my first reptile vet told me that I could actually buy stuff already frozen and it was better for my snake. It was a 20 min. lecture on how bad it was to feed live :D

Are you a vegitarian? If not how could you eat off of something that a DEAD COW had been on.. or for that matter...... how could you eat that dead cow?

Really, after awhile, it all becomes the same thing. Yea, you can see the teeth and eyes and tail and fur, but it's all just food. Just because a mouse touched a cup doesn't mean that it's tainted..

My boyfriend's dad sees things your way though. Every time I thaw out a mouse and he's around he says things like, "do you have you use that mug?" :smash:

I'm not a vegetarian, but if my steak came with eyes and fur, I probably wouldn't eat it it.

I put my mice in a plastic sandwich bag and then put it in water. I use my feeding tongs to weigh the bag down so the mouse stays in the water. I don't like using styrofoam as it is bad for the environment.

I've had that said. As I point out, I do *wash* the mug before offering someone a cup of tea in it. It's not like it's still got bits of fur on the outside.. :eek:

Back