• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Multi Species Display Unit

rusticreptiles

My wonderful husband has agreed to build me a "built in" multi unit reptile enclosure for all my herps.
It will contain 2 corn snakes, 1 boa constrictor, 1 blue tongue skink, 1 bearded dragon and I am trying to figure out how to implement a tortoise table for a Greek either on the top or cut out with support posts on the sides for the above enclosures.
Wondering if anyone has a multi specie setup like this and if they have any photos and/or advice as far as heating and ventilation. We are thinking melamine interiors with a hard wood exterior/trim. As far as heating I'm hoping to use overhead ceramic or red bulbs. Also thinking of disassembling some aquariums and repurposing the glass to make either sliding or drop down cage fronts. In having multiple animals each would need its own micro climate and I'm also wondering how to ventilate without having the "next door neighbors" air being directly exchanged into another animals enclosure. Would ventilation holes on one side and on top be adequate?
Tops would be solid with heavy duty screen cutouts for heating and lighting. I'm trying to think of what I could be missing and not thinking of so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

The cage I have right now has two 6ft cages and four 3ft cages. We bought it from someone who made it. We're trying to make another one a little better quality and maybe a little bigger. I'd live to see pics when yours is finished.

Cool! Could you attach some photos of your or link them if you have already posted them? Looking for any ideas so we really love it when it's done. How do you heat yours? Thanks!

Back