• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mutilation & a Beardie! [Warning: Cringe factor]

CraziiTii

Tyrannosaurus
So as a bunch of you have seen on Facebook, I picked up a cute little Beardie last night! He/she was on sale at a local pet store that's going out of business. Well, I am a clumsy moron! When I got home, I started to prepare a sterilite tub for a temporary home. I was starting the air holes with the point of a knife, but apparently looked away for a moment and the knife went straight through and into my finger! [I know I said it was the drill on facebook, but I meant the knife.] I guess this is what I get for an impulse buy! These are some gnarly images, but I had to post 'em cause I'm weird like that! Even when it's stiched up it's probably gonna leave a heck of a scar, but hey, scars add character! ;)

finger.jpg

finger2.jpg

And here's the cutie that started the trouble!

dragon.jpg

dragon2.jpg

-Thanks for cringing! :)

I think you need a soldering iron, lol Makes clean holes and as long as you don't look away you can even keep your finger!!!

That's a gash! Don't think i woulda been thinking to grab the camera, but more power to ya! Hope it mends fast.

Oh my god! I would've probably passed out if I got that kind of cut!

Hey, at least the beardie's cute, right? Maybe he'll be worth it! LOL!

Congrats on the adorable pickup, and good luck with that nasty gash. Next time, watch what you're doing with the dang knife so we don't have to cringe!

boy do I know how that goes.

I had a birdcage that came in the mail a couple years ago. I was cutting off those heavy plastic bands around it and...well here is what I told the ER dr.

"you know how they tell you to always point and cut the knife away from you? I should have listened"

:laugh:...the knife in my right hand literally came up and stabbed my left forearm. I thought it was kind of neat though, I could see all kinds of goodies in there. And the ER dr was a hoot. He reminded me of Jack on Will & Grace.

Back to the subject at hand. That is a great cut Tii. I really liked the first photo with the profile. You should have taken a second and redone your nail polish before you took the pictures though.

I looked at the pictures before I read and I thought the little beardie did that to you, I was like 'That's a heck of a bite!!!' You'd not only be a bite club member, but you'd be the president.

Get that finger looked at..

Wow, I don't check my computer for a couple hours and I've got two pages of replies!

Back to the subject at hand. That is a great cut Tii. I really liked the first photo with the profile. You should have taken a second and redone your nail polish before you took the pictures though.

Haha! Jesus Wade, the only reason I took the pictures was to send them to my dad. But next time my hand is swollen and dripping blood all over my kitchen, I'll remember to re-paint my finger nails for the shot. :)

I looked at the pictures before I read and I thought the little beardie did that to you, I was like 'That's a heck of a bite!!!' You'd not only be a bite club member, but you'd be the president.

LOL! I don't even think my Chondo could have given me a bite that deep! But I'm sure I'll make it into the bite club very soon! ;)

Ouch! I can't tell you how many times I've cut and gashed myself doing similar things. I've only needed stitches a couple of times though. I always take pics to send to my husband though, someday I'll make a scrapbook page. :D

How many stitches did you end up getting?

Yeowza! That is quite the nick! Hope it heals up quick. And yes, scars do add character. I have so many I have character to spare!!

Kachine Kolgon

it still gives me the heebie jeebies everytime I open that page. Ever notice how if it happens to you you can sit there and stare and it and be fascinated by it...but on someone else; heebie jeebies. Or is that just me.

Sweet! I mean not sweet that you cut yourself, but thats a sweet slice. Did yu get it stitched up?

it still gives me the heebie jeebies everytime I open that page. Ever notice how if it happens to you you can sit there and stare and it and be fascinated by it...but on someone else; heebie jeebies. Or is that just me.

Haha, I don't know! I've stared at the actual wound and the pictures and I don't get heebie jeebies. Nomally seeing other's injuries don't bother me either though...but I'm just weird. :)

Sweet! I mean not sweet that you cut yourself, but thats a sweet slice. Did yu get it stitched up?

Haha, I know right?? It was a wicked gash. I haven't been able to get the stiches yet - I didn't get out of the house today because the weather got really bad - our pool overflowed from rain within an hour, and the storm started at 2 and went til 11! Sooo, tomorrow? I dunno, I'll prolly just end up with a huge ugly scar, lol. ;)

Ouch! I can't tell you how many times I've cut and gashed myself doing similar things. I've only needed stitches a couple of times though. I always take pics to send to my husband though, someday I'll make a scrapbook page. :D

You know what's creepy is I have a "scrapbook" of sorts from when I was a little kid that has all my old teeth and the date I lost them scribbled next to it! I guess when your father and brother are both Orthodontists, you look at teeth in a different light. No toothfairy for me, I just got a few quarters and a father happy that my teeth we coming in well. LOL :)

Back