• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my 1st shed

eddiehm

Kindergarden Graduate
as i wake-up this morning, i found a snake-skin left on the substrate. wah, my snake has shed. here he is, scrubbing against a branch.

oh, and i need help as to determine what "morph and variation" of snake that i got. d shopkeeper says its an albino zigzag corn. but i doubt him after i done my searching in the net. now im up to two variation i think, please correct me. am i having a typical amelanistic cornsnake OR a reverse okeetee cornsnake.

thanks.

sori if the pics a bit blurry.

Attachments

• DSC03515aa.JPG
    DSC03515aa.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC03514aa.JPG
    DSC03514aa.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 128
thanks for the compliment, Tracee, BabyMowgli and cka. and thanks for clearing up my variation.. its a Reverse Okeetee afterall.. :)

Very nice looking Reverse Okeetee. Not sure where the pet shop owner came up with zigzag, unless there is some connected saddles in the part of the snake we don't see. shrug. But he is really not wrong when telling you it is an albino. A Reverse Okeetee is just a specific looking type of Amelenistic but an Amel non-the-less, and most pet shop's and some people refer to Amels as Albino's. So, actually the pet shop was basically right, except for the fact that I don't see any zigzagging on the parts of the snake we can see.

It is exciting when all the "firsts" happen when you get a snake. I remember how exciting all the first times things happened were. Hope you have lots of years together. :)

BTW....welcome to the forum! :)

thanks, gardenmum. which ones the saddle? my "smigle" turns milky again.. time to shed again..

Back