• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My baby Candy Cane

Had1nowwant1

This is my baby candy cane, Ruby. THe name might change lol. The picture doesnt capture her reds good at all. She is much brighter in person. Tomorow i will take more pics during feeding.

CIMG0809.jpg

Yeaaaaah, gotta say from that photo the background doesn't look so white to me. I could be wrong and it could just be the photo...Got any clearer close ups?

From what I see, I'd say amel...don't forget that the yellow pigments don't really show up for ½ a year or so.

Like I said in the other thread, and I hate to burst bubbles, but that's not a candy cane.

its a candy cane

not all candy canes come out with high white backgrounds,as a matter of FACT most dont :cheers:

stephen said:
not all candy canes come out with high white backgrounds,as a matter of FACT most dont :cheers:

I agree. My first snake ever was a candy cane from Kathy Love, and she has a price range on hers depending on how they look. Mine was a lower end candy cane, as she does have some orange "netting" (as I've seen it referred to) in her background color. But she definitely isn't just a "run of the mill" amel either. I also have a male (from stephen!) who looks just like her. I believe you said he came from SerpenCo right? Anyway, there are a lot that don't have perfect white backgrounds that still are obvioulsy not regular ol' amels either.

candy canes

yes it was a serpenco candy cane, did you breed the Pair? if so how did the babys turn out? when I met Kathy Love we talked alot about candy canes and she had told me what was wierd is that alot of her candy cane parents that werent very nice, through the best babys! I beleive that my breeders were nice red and white and only 3 out of 45 came out half way decent,it has been a long process to get the look they wanted, I would love to see a nice striped candy cane :cheers:

Candy Cane x Candy Cane does not guarantee you candy canes.

If you gets 45 babies and only 3 look like candy canes, then I'm going to go to bat and say if only those 3 look candy cane, then 42 out of 45 should be labeled as amels.

stephen said:
yes it was a serpenco candy cane, did you breed the Pair?

I bred him to a different female...a real nice red and white girl. The female that looks like him was bred to a male I got from Clint, he is orange and white as well, and came from SMR. She laid 11 perfect eggs last weekend. The red/white girl isn't due to lay till next month I think. I cannot wait to see what the babies look like! But I have some waiting to do, don't I? haha

Back