• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my baby corn snake viv size?????

kickingkay

ive had my baby corn around 4 weeks and was about 8 weeks when i got him i kept him in the tank they gave me but recently bought a wooden viv which stated that it was for baby corns but all he does is hides when he was in the tank he came out at night but when i get up in the morning i sear he hasnt moved hes very active when i get him out hes eating great just wondered if the tank might be too big or some thing the tank is 587x375x405mm

even if the tank is fairly large as long as u provide several hides for him, ur corn will feel perfectly comfortable. i started my corn in a 20long tank with two or three hiding places and he loved it so its def not too big. and remember corns are diurnal so theyre not exactly the most active during the day. love to see some pics tho :]

I have loads of hides for him just dont want to stress him too much ive already had to bathe him in lukewarm water because he didnt poo after 2 weeks it worked but he really didnt like it i felt so upset but it did the job but yet again hes hiding just would be nice to see him exploring just hope i havent stressed him too much been handling him every couple of days

If you have lots of hides for him then the size of the viv is fine. Also, just for future thoughts, two weeks without passing a bowel movement is not that long depending on what prey size you're feeding him. But if you are worried, the soaking in warm water does usually work, as you have discovered.
Looster I know it was a typo, but corns are nocturnal :) Kicking, I have never seen my corns out in the day, I don't think I've even seen my anery out ever. Once in a while my lavender will be out of his hide but he's the only one.

only thing is that i did handle him in the first few days of having him some thing i didnt read up on got the info for every thing but this so didnt no if that was the reason but i just keep giving him space just disturbing him to change his water think its just me worrying just think i should relax

thats good then think its just me worrying too much i am sure he will settle think i need to chill thankyou every one how often should handle him ive looked on google but there is different suggestions i try and do it either every day or every other day and try leave it over 24 hours after feeding to handle him

I always handle my snakes as soon as I get them. Never had a problem.

I do too o.o
Except my newest addition, I let him settle. Truth is, I never knew before coming to the forums that you're supposed to let snakes settle in. None of mine have issues either.

thats good then think its just me worrying too much i am sure he will settle think i need to chill thankyou every one how often should handle him ive looked on google but there is different suggestions i try and do it either every day or every other day and try leave it over 24 hours after feeding to handle him

You can handle him as much as you want to. I usually go for twice a week with all my snakes, especially the boa who is a jerk :( But with my corns I haven't noticed them have any behavior changes with leaving them alone for several weeks. I used to hold my first corn daily for several hours, and he was as chill as could be.

Back