• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my baby corn

shaunb

hi i have had my baby corn about three and a half weeks now, usually it is very active but over these past couple of days it has stayed in it's hide,and has become quite dull in colour than it was i was wondering whether it was about to start shedding because i have read that they shed when hatchlings every 4 weeks is this correct, i don't know when it shed last all i know is when i brought it there was snake skin in the tub i had it in so it must have been not long before i brought it. Any help would be apprecciated thnx.

4 weeks, give or take. My guy has taken a little longer than 4 weeks this month, so just a general once a month is normal.

To help him shed, I would put a damp paper towel in his viv and also spray him down maybe once a day with just water, and make sure he has a water bowl big enough to soak in. My guy hates his water bowl, so I always make sure to run him through damp paper towels or either of the other two things I mentioned.

this is what i'm asking is my snake due to shed, as it has been hiding for the last couple of days and it has got dull in colour to what it usually is, but it's eye are still pink they have'nt changed colour like when it sheds,it is usually very active at night time but has'nt been for the last couple of days.

Sounds very much like he's about to shed, yes.

Hatchlings shed quite often - once a month sounds about right. As they get larger, they gradually shed less often.

my little one just shed early hours of this morning and it is so bright now and it shed in one go as well all off in one which was sweet.

aint got the skin no more and i just fed him 2 pinkys tonight so he will be sleeping it off for about 2 days when he comes out again i will post some pics of him know he has more orange in him now.

Back