• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My beautiful corns :)

Galadriel

Here are some pics of my two corns, Diva and Chubbs :)
They are my first corns, picked them up yesterday!

I know I am going to sound like a complete idiot right now, but could anyone tell me what color they are? This whole color/pattern system is very confusing to a beginner like myself.. :confused:

Well.. I guess it is better to ask, and sound stupid, than not to ask, and stay stupid.. right?

Anyways, here are the pictures.. The top one is of Chubbs, and the other one is Diva :)

Attachments

• Chubbs!.jpg
    Chubbs!.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Diva4.jpg
    Diva4.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 187
Congratulations on your first corns! They will most likely be the first of many! Chubbs is a normal or wild type and Diva is an amelanistic (commonly called amel).

Thank you so much for your reply! :)
And yes, they will most likely be the first out of many, as I have completely fallen in love with these beautiful snakes :)

Welcome to the addiction, Really nice snakes for a start. Chubbs pattern is kickin' and he looks to be a pretty good size.

Mike B

Welcome to the addiction!

I started with 'only 2' -hehehe.

Just wondering...do you have them housed together? If they're 2 adults of a good size and you have them living together, you could end up with an unexpected clutch of eggs which could be a little more than you want to handle this year. If you do want babies from them you might like to keep them as pets for a while so you get to know them first.

Well done on your aquisitions and welcome to the forum,

Adèle

princess said:
I started with 'only 2' -hehehe.

Just wondering...do you have them housed together? If they're 2 adults of a good size and you have them living together, you could end up with an unexpected clutch of eggs which could be a little more than you want to handle this year. If you do want babies from them you might like to keep them as pets for a while so you get to know them first.

Well done on your aquisitions and welcome to the forum,

Adèle

Yes, Chubbs and Diva stays in the same tank. They are 4 and 5 years old, and have been housed together for about 4 years. (The previous owner only had one tank) According to him, he had found eggs in their tank about a week or two before I got them. The idiot said he had just thrown the eggs away.. :uhoh:

those are crappy snakes. You might as well just give them to me. ;) ok, fine they are really nice looking snakes. sucks though that the previous owner threw the eggs out...

Just wondering.. If Diva and Chubbs were paired.. any idea what color babies I'd end up with? Just nice to know..

Supposing no hets, they would all be normals with the potential to produce babies that will look like Dive in the next generation...very simplified explination!

Back