• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My cali's lastest pics :D

bataco

Daniel
they day I got him:
DSC03268.jpg

8 months later :D:
DSC03930.jpg

DSC03931.jpg

he's like 30 cm back then (I don't know how old he was, they told me 6 months), 8 months later he's 60 cm :D I'd appreciate your comments =)

Wow... do you feed once a week? I'd like to get my B&W cali big, but I'm too afraid of a regurge to try feeding more than once a week. Congrats on the growing boy!

Beautiful cali! Mine is still small...about 35 grams...and I have started him on fuzzies a while back. He's been blue for a few days now, so I'm expecting a shed any time :)

Lovely cali you have, thanks for sharing the pics :)

Bataco, your king looks lovely. It's funny to see how similar his growth rate has been to my cali king, do you have any idea what he weighs? What size food items are you feeding?

I love looking back at old pics to see how much they have grown, it's hard to notice the changes on a week to week basis.

Wow... do you feed once a week? I'd like to get my B&W cali big, but I'm too afraid of a regurge to try feeding more than once a week. Congrats on the growing boy!

I'm not sure what feeding regime Bataco is using but I do 1/week for mine and have had similar results as far as growth.

I fed every 5 days until she moved from double pinks to fuzzies (late April, ~25g) and then went to every 7 days. She was ~23g when I took over her care on April 5th (and ~2.5 years old, roommate was basically starving her for 2 years) and was probably ~30-35cm long, though I did not attempt to measure her length until early June (when it was 40cm). As of this week she is 60cm and ~100g.

I do a rough approximation of the Munson plan with her, but with smaller, multiple food items to equal the same weight. Currently she gets two large fuzzies with a total weight of 12-16g. I have not had a regurge or refusal of food with this method and her growth rate has been very good, especially for a snake that was starved for so long.

Eating a <2g pink the second time I fed her:
DSC01372.jpg

And a couple shots of her from about 2 weeks ago (sorry no size reference):
P1000442.jpg

P1000445.jpg

heeey! I feed him every 6 days but sometimes every 7, It's difficult for me to find fuzzies so I don't have any I give him 4 pinkies, he eats them without any problem

yeaah I still look at him very little but then I see the old pics and I'm like whooaa, I want him to grow veeery big

Back