• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My corn has welts on it..is it normal

Derek_Coke

My corn is not eating and it has welts all over it. It all happened when i fed it a rat and it was dead and it started eating and it threw up when i came into the room the corn was not eating and was deadly afaird of me.... plz help as soon as possible:(

Bad luck lately???

Is this the same snake that escaped?

Anyway, if this is indeed a legit post, then I say take your snake to the vet.

Yes indeed it was the snake that got out and it died this moring:cry: The vet said it was from sum chemical that got into his scales. Next time im not getting a snake from my uncle. I will read up about them and get a litle snake for starts. I dont know much about snakes i had one before but it got loose and the cat had claws and the snake lost so dont get mad at me or anything i will just go back to Nort Dakota with my mom and dad and bro's and start small not big you have to work yur way up am I right?

I don't know if a baby Corn will be easier for you than an adult. If there's a harmful chemical anywhere in the environment, then it'll kill a baby much faster than a healthy adult.

How long did you have your snake before it developed the welts on its body? It may not have brought the chemical with it - there might be something in or near its viv that you need to get rid of before you think about bringing another one into your home.

Sorry about your loss and good luck with the research - let us know what you decide.

I am sorry to hear it died...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do a lot of research before you get another snake!!! I also don't recommend getting a hatchling. You should probably get a yearling because they are typically easier to handle.

But as I said...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do a lot of research before you get another snake!!! You might have saved a lot of heartache if you had done your homework.

Kel...his snake apparently got out, killed the cat, and then got into some kind of chemical...

...his snake apparently got out, killed the cat, and then got into some kind of chemical...

it didnt kill the cat, it lost against the cat...

Different snake, stuart...Or a bogus thread...

He posted another thread saying the snake killed his cat...

On this subject...if a snake escaped, don't they often travel along the perimeter of rooms? I know I live in an apartment complex and they spray for bugs every 3 months. They spray all along the perimeter of every room. Wouldn't this cause major problems for the snake if he traveled along the perimeter with the pesticides there?

I have found out 4:00 p.m. that the chemical's were in the expermient lab and i talked to ppl and they said it was okay if i bought one in like Grand Forks area. I live down by there. Why shuld i not get a hatching? Where shuld i go before i do my home work on this amazing critters. As my science teacher wuld say? plz help

Hatchlings are much harder to handle for an inexperienced person. They are high-strung and flighty. They can be difficult feeders, too. An older snake is going to typically be calmer. They are also more likely to be good feeders.

You can purchase The Corn Snake Manual by Bill and Kathy Love in order to start doing some research. It's one of the best references available.

Back