• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my corn is scared of me

tommymamba

excuse me for my english cause i'm from belgium but i try ;-)
i got my baby corn for a month and every time i pass her cage she gets as fast as she can back into her cave. and everytime i try to take her (i try to do that every day to let her get used to it) she try to get away very fast to. it looks like she is realy scared but i thought a cornsnake was not a scared snake at all. what should i do?? i don't want her to be scared. i have never hurt or dropped her or something so why is she scared??
again sorry for my english.

Remember that to her, you are a big big predator that just wants to eat her... She will be scared of you until she realizes that you are not going to eat her.

Just keep doing what you're doing, try to pick her up from the side as a big hand coming down on her will scare her more.

Keep your handling sessions short and if she squirms, do not put her back into her viv until she calms down as she can come to know that you'll let her go if she squirms.

They are great snakes to have- just be patient!!

i would be concerned if it wasnt scared of you at this point. It's just a baby, and in the wild that is when they are most likely to become someone else's lunch. Most corns are skittish when they are babies. They calm down as they get older.

Just one thing, you said that you try to take her our every day? you should leave her alone after you feed her untill she poops. otherwise, she could end up throwing up her last meal, not a good experience for you or her.

your english is very good, by the way.

thank u

ok thank u for helping me.
yes men she eats i leave her for 3 days and when she is sheading i don't pick her up untill it's over.

As the others said, you are doing great. Just keep it up and she should get better over time.

I just wanted to say, your english is better than some of the people from the United States. :D

I had the same experience when i bought my amel female,( she 18 months old) she was very shy and didnt want to be picked up she used to try get away from me but i just kept getting her out and talking to her ( sounds daft but it worked) i hav had her for 4 weeks now and she loves been out exploring

so just persevere as everybody said and you and your snake will bo ok

enuff from me tc

KEV

Back