• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My cornsnake dilemma

gertrude

Hi, My name is Carly:wavey:,

I'm relatively new to keeping corn snakes although my partner has kept snakes for years. My first corn snake is a normal and I have had her for about 6 months now. Both my partner and I are looking to purchase 2 maybe 3 more corns to eventually breed.

With so many different morphs out there we just can't decide which particular ones we would like. Although we would like to eventually produce some different but gorgeous baby corns, of course our main priorty is to enjoy the corns we purchase.

So, it would be fantastic for people to share with me their favorite types of morphs and which ones to breed.

Thank you all in advance.

Carly

Hey Carly, welcome to the forum! It might be eye-opening to visit some reptile shows or have a look at UK based forums before you decide. Normal corns are very hard to sell unless you have an arrangement with a reptile shop to wholesale them or advertise, which can be frustrating. You're more likely to have interest in the pattern or colour morphs, but still might find a limited maarket.
With that in mind, you should basically search for examples of corns that you really love the look of. And buy the best quality you can, which may mean tracking down breeders or even going to the European shows like Hamm. Multi-het corns carrying recessive genes can be a longer but more satisfying route to producing corns you can be proud of.
Above all, welcome to the hobby, there's really nothing quite like seeing the noses of your first ever clutch pipping!

Good luck trying to pick a favorite!!
I have 25 corns (and 3 on the way) because I CAN'T pick a favorite!!!

I agree with starsevol...I can not pick a fav either..I have a fav list and it has about 20 different morphs on it..LOL but I am sure you will find at least a couple of must haves.

Hi! Welcome. :)

My top two favorites are the Abbott's Okeetee followed by a Huddleston Miami. :D

LOL. Welcome to the dilemma... I've got 24 corns... all my favs. And an untold number of other favorites that belong to others that I keep track of here. AND an even bigger untold number of favorite morphs out there that I may never own... but that's okay. I'll admire them from afar. LOL

Back