• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my cornsnake gets angry after a meal

Temari

I love Pythons
hi ppl
after i feed my corn snake a mouse or two he starts to get angry and just bites anything that moves and keeps biting the tank
is that normal ?
should i worry about that? :shrugs:

Temari said:
hi ppl
after i feed my corn snake a mouse or two he starts to get angry and just bites anything that moves and keeps biting the tank
is that normal ?
should i worry about that? :shrugs:

Are you feeding in the cage? Usually after a snake feeds it's still in kind of a "frenzy" mode...we feed ours out of the cage and it's normal to let the snake calm down for about 10-15 mins before handling to put him back in it's cage. We picked up one of ours two early to put him back the other day after a feeding and he completely freaked out and he was fine when we took him out of his cage.

yeah, a lot of snakes get like that. I had a 5 foot dumerils boa come out of its exhibit at me the other day. She gets 6 live mice and after about the 3rd one she gets a little aggressive...lol

Part of the aggression is do to the snake being more vulnerable with a filled belly and thus extra defensive no?

Back