• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My First Corn Snake!!

loud

Wanted to share my immense excitement at finally getting my second snake (and my first corn snake). Huge, huge thanks to Lesley ("lesleym") of this forum for entrusting me with this incredible animal, and for making the whole transaction incredibly easy. I've never purchased online and sight unseen before, but this guy is everything she promised he'd be and prettier than I even imagined! Very, very happy.

He is partially my sister's first snake, and partially mine as well. We are both impressed by his temperament (I would usually think twice about reaching into a bag if my Jungle Carpet Python had just been shipped overnight and was sitting in it LOL). I couldn't resist taking a few pictures, but made sure not to crowd him. He was only held for a few minutes while we made sure everything was set up in his enclosure, though he insisted on exploring my hands and hair.

The box arrived right on time, around 10:20 AM
14322642128_2e05a8e946_z.jpg

It was packed incredibly well!
14507869734_348eae4355_z.jpg

14507921124_a140245548_z.jpg

annnnd there he is! We may or may not have squealed. He's a 2010 blizzard corn snake!
14322629790_608d0ddbf8_z.jpg

14508158782_e28d397ce2_z.jpg

Gorgeous color
14322682789_ced6d52d13_z.jpg

We were checking temps and everything in the enclosure, so I held onto him for a bit
14505890991_01685c4e0d_z.jpg

14322835237_66aef23198_z.jpg

14507918564_1a62dff622_z.jpg

Threw in an empty paper towel tube on a whim, and of course that's his hide of choice...
14509274095_bc6152a760_z.jpg

I'll admit though, it's ridiculously cute
14322615860_ae824cb7a9_z.jpg

14322678288_4bd94f43a0_z.jpg

We still have a few more things we'll be adding to the enclosure, especially as we see what he does and doesn't use. For now, we'll just leave him be for the next couple of weeks, and after he's had a feeding or two, I'll get more pictures!

Another big thanks to lesleym and the other members of the forum for all your help!! Looking forward to being an official part of the community!

Oh, he is super cute. I love blizzards and it looks like you got a great one. :)

I really did!! Was so happy when Lesley let me know he was still available. He's just the loveliest little guy, and I'm very glad my sister and I found out about blizzards! Had never heard of them until very recently!

He's just gorgeous! Have you decided on a name yet?

He is, and I seriously love him! No name as of yet, my sister and I haven't found one that we both like. She wants to name him Sho, I sort of like the name Glass, but am bad at names so I'm not sure LOL

Those pictures of him in the tube are adorable!

He's just way too cute! He slid right in and was poking his head out and looking about whenever we moved.

Gorgeous snake. I LOVE your photos! What camera and software are you using? Isn't it funny how they love paper towel tubes more than anything else?

He has a name now! We went with one of my choices - "Crescent", to go with my Jungle Carpet Python, whom I've renamed "Caution".

Thats a very nice snake. Congratulations:)

Thanks!! So happy to have him!

Congratulations on a beautiful acquisition. I would love to have a blizzard someday!

Thank you!! I had never heard of this morph until very recently, and have been heads over heels for it ever since. It's just so incredibly pretty!

Congrats! Beautiful new addition!

Thanks so much! Happy to be an official corn snake owner : )

Wow! I've never seen one with such a high amount of yellow, very pretty snake!

Yeah, I really do love it! His overall coloring is just perfect for me. Initially I wanted an all white snake but I actually think the yellowing looks wonderful with it!

Gorgeous snake. I LOVE your photos! What camera and software are you using? Isn't it funny how they love paper towel tubes more than anything else?

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!! I use a Nikon D7000 with a 50mm f/1.8 lens for these. I then did some very quick editing in Lightroom 5 : )

And haha it really is funny (and completely adorable) that he'd choose the one thing I threw in there on a whim!

Happy you are so pleased with him and he's settling in so well. Don't hesitate to call me if you have any questions!

Back