• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first corn!!!

Corny_in_La

Yay, I'm so excited! My family went to a reptile expo almost two weeks ago, and after almost three years of me begging for one, my husband finally gave in and let me buy my first snake. I fell in love with a crimson, so decided to get it. I have been worried because it seemed like all it wanted to do was hide (which I had read was pretty much normal, but I was still worried). Well, yesterday I walked up to it's tank to see this! It's getting ready to shed! I wish it (really want to find out male or female) would have waited a few days to start because it was supposed to be feeding day yesterday and didn't want to take a chance with a regurg, and ended up wasting a pinkie.

My husband, who has adamantly refused for me to own a snake ever since we've gotten married 13 years ago, is already talking about "our" next one. He wants me to get a snow!

IMG_1034.jpg

Quick question... Are humidity dials any good? It keeps saying humidity is only around 30% unless I mist every hour. I live in Louisiana, and we never have anything that low anywhere...

Oh, and if you see anything I should change, please let me know...

Michelle

Congrats on your first baby. He is very handsome even though he is getting ready to shed. Snow was my first snake so your husband has good taste. In my experience those dials don't work very well at all. So you are probably right your humidity is better than what the dial is saying.

Nice pick up! I've near used the dial/stick on gauges, but Walmart has little temp/humidity digital gauges for like $8. No probe for that price, but I think they're great for cool side temps and seem pretty accurate with both temp and humidity.

Be careful...corns quickly turn to an addiction and before you know it you'll want 20 or more!

Wow, the saddles sure are red (I would guess that's why they call him a crimson ;))! I have a baby (normal) too, he's very shy and I was worried too, haha. I also don't know the gender either :p I guess it doesn't matter too much, I tend to call it a "he."

Does your pet have a name?

Nice pick up! I've near used the dial/stick on gauges, but Walmart has little temp/humidity digital gauges for like $8. No probe for that price, but I think they're great for cool side temps and seem pretty accurate with both temp and humidity.

Be careful...corns quickly turn to an addiction and before you know it you'll want 20 or more!

Thanks for the tip about the gauges at WalMart. Unfortunately, I don't go there. I may just pick one up the next time I go to the pet store, which will probably be tomorrow since I just remembered I'm getting low on dog food.

Believe me... I'M ALREADY ADDICTED!!! I'm planning on starting a nice set of stacking vivs this weekend just so I can have a place ready for the next ones when the perfect one (or 5, haha *j/k*) pops up.

Wow, the saddles sure are red (I would guess that's why they call him a crimson ;))! I have a baby (normal) too, he's very shy and I was worried too, haha. I also don't know the gender either :p I guess it doesn't matter too much, I tend to call it a "he."

Does your pet have a name?

I've been referring to it as she, which could be out of habit. (I have three daughters.) No, it doesn't officially have a name yet, still waiting for the right one to come along, and I haven't really handled her enough to know the personality. For now, though, she is the Bandit.

Thanks for the compliments on her.

Michelle

Back