• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My First Hook-Up

StormRose

Looking for Marbles
I wasn't going to breed my motley (Kauket) this year because I still feel like I need to learn a bunch before I take the leap, so I didn't brumate her or anything. She started getting a major attitude 2-3 weeks ago though, and was going on and off her food, so my friend Chad told me to check her for egg follicles. Sure enough, she was looking for a man.

After realizing that I've been reading and researching for 4 years now, and could probably continue to do so for the next 5 without really feeling confident that I wasn't going to mess things up. I decided that the best learning experience is hands-on, and took the plunge.

Chad loaned me a male that he had brumated but didn't breed, and the two of them figured out the rest on their own.

picture.php

Sorry about the quality, it's a still I took from my video camera. I didn't want to interrupt them by taking pics at an inopportune time.

Kauket is a motley 66% het hypo het lav, and the male (who doesn't have a name so we've been calling him 'stud muffin') is a hypo het motley het lav.

I'm really nervous, but hopefully between my books and you guys everything will go ok for a first timer. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

How exciting! I hope she proves out as het hypo and het lav!!! That will be an exciting clutch!

I know, a hypo lavender motley would be the ultimate! I'd probably have to keep it on principle.

This pairing will also help me decide if my lavender male will be a good mate for her next year, or if I should find him another girlfriend.

I don't think I was this nervous when I had my own kids!

I fed Stud Muffin a small meal today (per his owners instructions) and snapped a quick pic so you guys can see him a little better.

22092_42379_Large_alHymOPsPgtb1Z1.jpg

He's so pretty, his colors are really bright IRL.

Back