• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first pairing to hook up in 09

Eli173

I just got my first pair to hookup this year! :dancer: I'm surprised how early in the year since they were not brumated. Ghost blood het amel and stripe X Platinum (hypo, anery, charcoal). The female might be possible het amel but it's late and I can't remember off hand. Just wanted to share a couple quick pics before I call it a night. :D

Attachments

• Hookup couple.jpg
    Hookup couple.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 235
  • Hookup1.jpg
    Hookup1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 119
Nice couple! Congrats! Hope they'll have a clutchfull of pretty little snakebabies. :D

I just have to ask... Seems that you use a separate "mating box". Do the couple usually mate soon after you've put them in the box? Or do you keep them there together for a longer period? If they don't mate in an expected time, do you separate them and try again later?

I am just wondering how to make my two pairings this spring. I could just put the other couple in my other bigger terrarium where the girls are now, and the other couple in the boys' terrarium, but then the matings would most likely happen at the same time and I'd have two clutches to incubate at least almost at the same time. I'd like to incubate first clutch before the second eggs are laid. So how should I use this mating box thing?

I just put them in a 32 qt sterilite tub because I'm paranoid about bedding getting stuck to his junk and a good view of what's going on. I just put them together every now and then and if nothing happens after half an hour I put them back. These two were on a mission, they hooked up after less then two minutes.

The Platinum is absolutely GORGEOUS! And the male is just as charming! Beautiful pairing, I'm sure you will have gorgeous babies soon :D

Thanks everyone! The Platinum is 66% poss het amel so they should be ghosts with the possibly a few hypo snows in the mix. I'll be keeping several of the ghosts back as part of a little project so I'm very excited. :D

Back