• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first Pit...

Bobo's Mama

proud corn mommy!
Say hello to Duke. A guy in my town posted an ad for this 6-month old Bull snake on Craigslist. I've always wanted a Bull. He got it from a local pet store, but was moving and couldn't take it with him. He also had a 9ft. Albino Burm and a 4ft Red Tailed Boa that he had already found homes for. He said that he has the typical attitude and had heard him hiss a few times. I handled him briefly to take a few shots of him and he did fine. His tongue is black!! His scales feel so cool. I've held Pits before, but not for very long. The guy had him in this rather unique setup. He had a 10g tank with a cage on top, sort of like what you might have for an arboreal snake. He had no substrate, a HUGE half log hide, a big rock, some fake plants, a fish bowl for a water dish, and a climbing stick, so he could get up to the cage part. I switched it with one of my mouse tanks though. The cage part didn't seem very secure for a snake. He also was using a heat lamp. I got all of this stuff plus the snake for $40. Not too shabby. Anyway, here's Duke.

duke3-1.jpg

duke2.jpg

duke1.jpg

What a great deal! I'm really picky about my bull snakes, but he's handsome! Congrats on an awesome pickup!

He's so cute! I think that kind of viv he was in is for chams. Has he talked to you yet??

Great deal! and such a handsome fellow! I don't know that I could part with my snakes or fish if I had to move--a big part of the reason I stay in my crappy appartment.

He looks great! And for $40, you can't beat that with all the goodies it came with! The cage part on top you were talking about, I'm pretty sure it's similar to a setup I have. Does it have a spring on 2 of the sides that hook under the lip of the viv? If so, it's actually a very secure setup. I kept one of my rat snakes in it and she never escaped.

He looks great! And for $40, you can't beat that with all the goodies it came with! The cage part on top you were talking about, I'm pretty sure it's similar to a setup I have. Does it have a spring on 2 of the sides that hook under the lip of the viv? If so, it's actually a very secure setup. I kept one of my rat snakes in it and she never escaped.

That's the same cage top he had. It just didn't fit with the rest of my tanks, so I gave it to the mice. They'll like it more anyway. I can't wait to hear him hiss. Can you believe I'm actually looking forward to it! :crazy01:

That's the same cage top he had. It just didn't fit with the rest of my tanks, so I gave it to the mice. They'll like it more anyway. I can't wait to hear him hiss. Can you believe I'm actually looking forward to it! :crazy01:

It's LOUD. There was a pet store in Denver that had an adult pine snake (not really the same, but fairly close), and when she hissed, you could hear it through the whole store. She was a BIG girl, too!

Back