• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first snakes! Woot!

KatLaz

So the story goes like this... my husband and I met this really awesome guy who keeps and breeds venemous snakes. I've always liked snakes and have been intrigued by them, but was kind of intimidated by them because I didn't know how to care for one (I've always leaned more toward fur than scales =P). After hanging out with our snake friend for a few weeks, I caught the fever and talked hubby into getting a snake. A couple days later, we got our first two :rolleyes: cause one is just never enough.

Two days ago, snake guy came over and said he had a couple snakes that needed a new home. So I jumped on it, of course! In a matter of weeks we went from zero to five, and soon to be six!

Here all the little boogers are:

First pair I ordered from Gino @ Lost World Reptiles

1.0 '08 Okeetee "Charlie"
Total spaz... typical baby corn. He and the girly he came with have eaten twice, no problems! Weighed in at 12g yesterday.

Charliehatchling.jpg

Charliehatchling2.jpg

0.1 '08 Creamsicle "Lola"
Sweet girl. Likes to smell my mouth. Hatched Aug 17th. Weighs 9g as of 11/22

Lolahatchling.jpg

Lolahatchling2.jpg

The second two we got were a 1.1 pair of hypo miami motleys :crazy02: which I'm absolutely in love with! They're a month or so shy of a year right now, and are really sweet and mellow. The girl (haven't named them yet) prefers to climb on or around my face, and the boy just likes to wrap around my fingers and scope things out. Don't have pictures of the boy yet, but I'll get some tomorrow.
Male's at 26g and girlie's at 35g. They're both het anery, too!

miamimotfemale1.jpg

miamimotfemale2.jpg

And last, but not least, is our new bull snake! He belonged to our herp friend who is getting rid of all his non-venomous except for a few. He was in blue when we got him, and hasn't shed yet, so I can't wait to see what he looks like after! He's a sweet, big ole' boy. He even took a nap in my pocket earlier <3. Hubby wants to name him "Bully". He likes him the best because he's a big manly snake :shrugs:. He's at 180 grams right now.. big sweet hissing teddy bear.

bullsnake2.jpg

Same snake guy is bringing us a 1.0 honduran milk snake either tonight or tomorrow! He's maybe 6 months old and a real cutie. I'm hoping to get a 0.1 tangerine hypo hondo for him one of these days.

And yes... I got hubby to build a rack for me this weekend. Holds (12) 31qt. tubs!! Now I've just got to get the few corn morphs that I absolutely have to have!!

Thanks for looking guys. Hope you enjoyed 'em!

Kat

WOW....do you have an addictive personality?? LOL! I know I do! They are very cool! It took me a while to talk my hubby into one (Cyrus, he is an Amel). I recently broke it to him that if I ever come across a Sunglow that it shall be mine! He reluctantly agreed to this, but I think it is because he doesn't feel I will ever "come across" one. Little does he know I plan on attending one of the reptile shows here in Denver in January. I am sure I will find one there!

Your new babies are gorgeous! You must be so excited!

Thanks so much guys! I really love all of them! I had actually been researching and stalking around different forums for about 3 weeks before I decided I really wanted one... all the while knowing I'd have to get more than just one :idea:. I love everything about owning snakes. Fun and easy...

I'm not exactly sure who the miami's came from Nanci. Hubby's friend, Alex, brought them over the other day, but I told him I'd really like to go see what other snakes he has available, so I think we're going to go over there sometime soon.

Unless I find something I absolutely have to have then I'm going to TRY and wait until the next reptile show rolls through Oklahoma :bird: We'll see how that goes though... I've got 6 open slots in my rack, and they probably won't stay open for long!

I'd really like to get an albino bull to one day breed with Bully.

We shall see how far the addiction goes...

I really like those Miamis! And your other snakes are very pretty, too!!

You're lucky your hubby is so accommodating of your new hobby!! My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for having 4 snakes (although when he thinks I'm not looking, I see him peer into every one of their tanks/tubs checking the temps and watching them)!!

Anyway, thanks for sharing! And I can't wait to see what you fill up those last spaces with!

Thanks Nina! Have to say.. I'm really jealous of your new bloodred. That's one morph I've decided I'm getting no matter what. I love their bright reds! So pretty!

Measly - I know! Hah he totally indulges me. I even brought home 5 rats in a 6 foot tall cage a few months ago, and he didn't mind at all. Granted I think it has more to do with the fact that I take care of any and every animal in the house :rolleyes:. Needless to say, I rehomed the rats not too long after getting them cause they're ridiculously messy and stinky. Cute, but way too much work when you have a one year old under your feet all the time!

Back