• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Girls Enclosure

Risika57

Exotic Animal Rescuer
10156000_10152368694046081_1551919512_n.jpg

I found this cool enclosure on Craigslist. I had to make a few modifications to it (Drill some holes in the sides, because it holds humidity waaaay to well, and cut a hole on top and put mesh screening on top to allow the heat lamp to sit.)

Her humidity stays around 40% to 55% and her Hot side is around 87 to 90 and cold is around 75 to 80.

1511213_10152368693941081_2113548093_n.jpg

10247428_10152368693646081_717871444_n.jpg

1965078_10152317586536081_1583527670_n.jpg

Nice tank and gorgeous snake!

My one suggestion would be to ditch the lamp. Corns use belly heat to help digestion, so a UTH with a thermostat is recommended over the lamp. It also costs less in the long run and is easier to maintain temps. It will help keep your humidity levels up too, since the lights tend to dry the viv out. You are pretty close on the temps, I would lower them just a bit to where the top of the substrate on the warm side is 85° and the cool side (where you would keep the waterbowl) is around 75°.

As long as the lamp is heating up the floor beneath it, the snake has belly heat.

Nice enclosure!

Oh how beautiful!! What a LOVELY idea with the flowers. I think I'll run on over to the dollar store now.............

;)

A much smaller water bowl will go a long way towards reducing humidity. From the photo, it looks huge! Something that will hold a 1/2 cup to cup of water is plenty adequate for an adult corn. You also may decide to go a bit more minimalist with the decorations after a few months of cleaning, but the corn will happy either way as long as he has hides in the appropriate temperature zone. Best wishes!

the fleece holds the heat nicely and she actually requires a tad more humidity then normal due to respiratory issues and shedding issues. This bowl is the perfect size for her to bathe in. Everything in here is vet approved and so are my temps.

as far as decorating goes. Its easy to keep clean. This is nothing compared to my pet rat cages.

the fleece holds the heat nicely and she actually requires a tad more humidity then normal due to respiratory issues and shedding issues. This bowl is the perfect size for her to bathe in. Everything in here is vet approved and so are my temps.

as far as decorating goes. Its easy to keep clean. This is nothing compared to my pet rat cages.

I think as long as you have a good herp (reptile) specific vet, that is fine. From experience I have noticed that vets... in particular just your regular or exotic vets that DO NOT specialize in snakes and reptiles, or even many times them as well... do not have good reputations in the herping community. They often (but not always) don't have the knowledge or experience that a long time breeder would. I'd definitely take a few opinions from experienced breeders on herp matters when consulting vets, just to be safe. :)

I also like to deck-out my vives, and don't mind the cleaning. When you've just got a couple, then an hour or two of washing every month or so is nothing. All the best!

my vet specializes in reptiles and rodents. At his clinic he has a room where he keeps his own personal exotic pets. Ones he took from owners who didn't want to give them the proper care anymore and so they gave them to him, rescues.

He has 2 snakes 4 beardies, 2 chameleons, some turtles some geckos 2 guinea pigs and a female rat who had a tumor the owner refused to pay to remove and he refused to pts since she was otherwise healthy. The owner gave her toy vet.

I just have to ask!... How are you keeping the plants held up? I really want to try this. :)

You mean hanging? the plants are vines, and I have tiny command hooks along the back to hang the vines from ^_^

Back