• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Humidity Hide!!

chuck1289

I'm Old Greggggggg
Hey i just made my snake a humidity hide.I used a box then i put a damp kitchen towel into the box.Is this ok? Plus i pierced some holes in the top does anyone know if there is anything else i need? Thanks.

What you used is fine, but if you used a paper-based box, you'll want to watch out for mold.

Anything I've ever used as a moist hide that was paper-based has developed mold due to heat and moisture. I find plastics to be much better for moist hides.

Good luck. :)

Hey mate, if it's a cardboard box I'd recommend switching to something plastic, like a sandwich box, and then fill it with damp sphagnum moss. Matthew said it all really. :)

All the best

David

Did you cut a doorway for the snake to get in? By kitxhen towel, do you mean paper towel? Not a cloth towel, that would be bad. And it's a plastic box, right?

Ahhh just one more question.My snake is in her shed cycle at the moment blue look cloudy eyes the lot.Should i feed her or should i leave it until she has shed.

Charlie

It is a towel that you use for cleaning stuff up with.Im sure that is ok and yes she has a place where she can get in.

whats wrong with a cloth towel (tea towel) and if u wet a paper towel wudnt it dissintergrate?

Of course not, don't you watch the Bounty adverts! :grin01:

If you use a cloth towel it could harbour lots of bacteria, even if you wash it. Also, the dust and fibres could create respiratory problems. Also, the cloth will be more effective at holding mould. Finally, any soap used to wash the cloth would contain chemicals and fragrances that could irritate the Corn.

Of course not, don't you watch the Bounty adverts! :grin01:

If you use a cloth towel it could harbour lots of bacteria, even if you wash it. Also, the dust and fibres could create respiratory problems.

lol bounty adverts. yeh but i bet its a not a cross dressing unshaven man putting the paper towel under the tap either lmao. and ah ok thanks for explaining that. i know for when my cypher comes to shed.

Thats what im using...Bounty kitchen towels is this alright to use? I would change it every 24 just so you know!!

Back