• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Kids

fyrefairy

These are my babies, with the exception of the new snows. I'll take some pics of them early next week, after they've had a little longer to settle in. The thumbnails are linked to larger images on Photobucket. Collage format borrowed from Serpwidgets with permission.

Persephone 0.1 Motley/Stripe Ghost

Loki: 1.0 Pastel Motley

Enkidu: 1.0 unknown, expected Caramel or Hypo. Known to be het anery A, amel, hypo, motley/stripe. Sired Persephone and Loki.

Inanna: 0.1 Ghost. Known to be het bloodred, amel, motley/stripe. Mother of Persephone and Loki.

Nice group there, Enkidu is amazing! looks like a nice caramel.
And Persephone, well, what can I say about a snake named after one of my favorite Wishbone Ash tunes? Absolutely beautiful :cheers:

They're 04's. I'd actually gone in to buy them in March, and the breeder, whose specialty is boids, wanted to get rid of the parents, too. I went ahead and took all four. Those two are growing like weeds - unfortunately, the scale of the embroidery on that bench isn't a very good indicator of their size. I haven't measured them lately, and I don't have a scale to weigh them yet...I'd guess they're about 23" long. I bought them as lavenders, but then I learned some more about morphs and genetics and figured out that they're far more likely ghost than lavender.

mbdorfer said:
Nice group there, Enkidu is amazing! looks like a nice caramel... Wishbone Ash tunes? Absolutely beautiful :cheers:

Thanks. Enkidu is growing on me...I wasn't terribly impressed with him when I got him, but he shed about 12 days later, and he was simply stunning. He's got one of the best personalities out of the four. I have fingers crossed that he's caramel and not hypo. Inanna laid a clutch in April, and I'm hoping I'll be able to tell from the hatchlings which he is.

I'm not familiar with Wishbone Ash, but I'll have to look around for them. My nieces and nephews named the first four snakes for me. We'd been reading myths of the ancient world. :grins: I think I'll stick to god-names for my snakes. So many options to fit so many personalities!

Me too!

I started using god/goddess/constellation names for my snakes too. There are some really beatiful names and they don't seem so weird for snakes. It's not like you have to go outside and call them in or anything. LOL

fyrefairy said:
I'm not familiar with Wishbone Ash, but I'll have to look around for them.
They were at their peak in the mid seventies. "Persephone" is from an album entitled "There's the Rub" :cheers:

Don't tell them I said so, but he's my favorite - best personality as well as looks. I love the mark on his head, too. If I pick one to breed, he'll be it.

Back