• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My little Anery

brandersen

This is my 6 month old anery, Domino. Her mother was an anery and her father was an amel. I'm not sure if the aztec pattern is from her ancestry or if its her only special pattern. Someday, I'll try to breed that pattern into her babies!

Attachments

• Domino 2.jpg
    Domino 2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Domino 1.jpg
    Domino 1.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Domino 3.jpg
    Domino 3.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 58
Partial zig-zags like that aren't terribly uncommon, but there's no guarantee that she'll pass the trait to her babies.

She's a really beautiful anery. I hope she keeps that contrast.

but there's no guarantee that she'll pass the trait to her babies.

I like the zig-zag pattern and have bred some to. It is not true it is no guarantees when breeding them, but you cant breed it as a recessive trait.

Zigzags, aztecs and bandeds can be breed for with selective breeding. If you select a mate that is as good or better in the zigzag/aztec pattern as your snake, then you will most likely get some (but not all) hatchlings that are zigzags.

When you breed selectively for multigenetic traits then the average hatchling in the clutch use to be like the average of both parents.
There is variation in the clutch. Some hatchlings get above average (of parents) and some get belove average (looking just normal).
So, you want both parents to have large part of their bodies with distorted patterns, to get as good as possible average in the clutch.

Back