• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my little find....

dragynflye

i'm really hesitant to post this, since not only is it not a cornsnake, it's not a snake at all! but i really wanted to show off the adorable little horny toad i found in my friend's yard the other day. we saved him from being ran over by the lawn mower.

(those are my friend's big grimey hands, not mine!)
4august036.jpg

4august035.jpg

I used to find those all the time when I was a kid but haven't seen any in years. Thanks for sharing cause I really like those. I am not sure, but I think it's cool to post any herp you find in this section. Not sure but it is common to see all kinds of finds.

:cheers:
John

Cool! I recently posted a thread of a horned lizard, too. Where are you located? Mine was caught in north eastern Arizona. It's horns seemed a little shorter and fatter than the ones on yours. In my experience, it seems like they vary a lot in color based on where they're hatched--even on the same mountain at different elevations.

Man, we used to catch those all the time when I was little.. we lived in a little remote town outside of Tucson on a golf course.. I miss those guys! lol

Laine

desertanimal said:
Cool! I recently posted a thread of a horned lizard, too. Where are you located? Mine was caught in north eastern Arizona. It's horns seemed a little shorter and fatter than the ones on yours. In my experience, it seems like they vary a lot in color based on where they're hatched--even on the same mountain at different elevations.

i'm in eastern new mexico (way eastern, practically texas). he was actually found at my friend's grandparent's house a couple hours north of here. this guy is a texas horned lizard. there are actually 14 (i think) different species of horned lizard. when i was a kid, we use to catch a different one in our back field all the time. however, it's been waaaaaaaaaay to long for me to remember anything more than it wasn't this species.

ratsncorns said:
Really cool! I have never seen one either.

Nice pics dragynflye, thanks for sharing...
glad you were able to save it...!!

Off topic...

ratsncorns: what kind of snake is that ...?
Kinda looks like a florida gater snake... do you have any garters?!

I had a beautiful florida garter when I was a freshman in college... it was beautiful...!!!

Back