• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my little girl is blue

bryansnake

Well, I looked in on her for a little play time. It's the first I've seen her since wednesday when she fed. Low and behold, her eyes are cloudy. I'm surprisingly excited about this, and it cheers me up a little since early this evening when I went to pick up her new tank, it was completely broken :(. Just so I know I've got my bases covered, how high should I increase the humidity 40-50%? 60? What are some good things to put in the tank to help remove the shed? Right now she has a wooden log, a plastic grass plant, a half coconut hide, her water bowl and her big rock hide. And when she does shed, I need to check for her eye caps, and the tail end right?

And for anyone wondering about the tank. I ordered about a week ago from an online pet store. It was a 20 gallon long zilla tank. When I went to pick it up today, the packing was 2 cardboard boxes taped together, with the kind of packing material used for a couch wrapped about the tank. No styrofoam, no padding, nothing. I've email for a refund. On the bright side, a pet smart is opening soon, so I'll be able to get better/different items then what pet city and pets unlimited offer. Mainly, zilla tanks vs exoterra.

PetSmart near us pretty much only carries Zilla and Exoterra as well...

It sounds like you have plenty of things inside the tank for the little guy to rub against so that shouldn't be a concern.

I try for 60-70% humidity myself, some may feel differently.

Eye caps and the tail end area are the two places you'll most likely have issues, if any. I have heard of a number of ways to remove eye caps but I have never had any issues with them and therefor cannot deliver any real opinion on one option versus another. Any other stuck shed can be removed nine times out of ten by using a damp washcloth. There is a sticky around here somewhere that details this very nicely.

Found it: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56170

well. I looked in on her just now when I came home from work. Looks like we've had a bad shed. It looked as though it had shreded in some parts, and not come off at all on most of her. it was just dull color and scrunchy looking. Like your fingers after being in the tub. so I've got her soaking here now in a little bath and facecloth. Anything else I should do? and her tank kinda went between 40-60% when I saw her in blue. The aspen makes it hard to keep it humid. but I tried misting a couple times a day

well. I let her crawl through the wet facecloth, and she managed to get her nose to roll back, seems up along her neck is where the break is, which is what I saw. so hopefully now she'll be able to get it come off normally.

the shedding is now complete. I saw both eye caps on the head piece, and I'm 99% sure that the tip came off as well. the last portion of her tail split, so the piece with the tip was essencially 3mm long. It looks like it did, and I can't feel anything on her tail, when I run my finger/fingernail over the section, so as far as I can tell, it came off. I'll post some pictures later when I go to feed her. Her colors are so pretty :)

well. here's how she looks. I snagged a couple bad pictures (still don't know how to take a good one of her with my camera) before I fed her.

picture.php

picture.php

Back