• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my little girls okeetee bit her

bigfish44

Let me start by saying drake(the snake) is only about 18 in long.But you know what? Although it scared her she diddent yank the snake off she was real cool about that, I was proud. I made her wash again and hold her snake again. she was a champ ,after she cleaned up the tank found the poo (dad handles that stuff)she put him in his viv said good nite. she loves her snake.I think she will be fine. ps. shes 7 years old

Good for both of you! Luckily the little guys bites don't really hurt, but it can really surprise you. Now your little girl knows there is nothing to fear :). And your snake is learning it does no good to bite- win win.

Glad the little one does not have the fear of God in her about the Okeetee biting her. Proud of her, my oldest is great with the slithery critters, of course my sweet heart will be 11 by the end of the month.. My youngest I feel is a bit young, but she has gotten to hold a few here and there.. Thanks to Trever the youngest has claimed the Monster..

Regards

TandJ said:
Glad the little one does not have the fear of God in her about the Okeetee biting her. Proud of her, my oldest is great with the slithery critters, of course my sweet heart will be 11 by the end of the month.. My youngest I feel is a bit young, but she has gotten to hold a few here and there.. Thanks to Trever the youngest has claimed the Monster..

Regards
haha. Monster is a misleading name given the subject of this thread. people are gonna think that you are throwing aggressive snakes to your kids and keepin the nice ones for yourself. back on topic, I have been known to urge some of my friends kids that were getting snakes to get bit by some of the aggressive babies. Never forced em or anything, but most of them were into the idea. I did it so that they would see that it doesn't hurt, and wouldn't become afraid of their snake if it showed aggression.

Well done the little mite, you did right putting her straight back on the saddle, so to speak.......

Back