• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Miami Cornsnake

ssssnake_lover

This is my Miami Cornsnake sorry it's not the best picture but i still think he looks cute:)

MySnake004.jpg

Btw i named him Irwin in loving memory of the fabulous Steve Irwin who not only was a legend but got me in to Snakes and done so much for wildlife everywhere.

Thankyou Steve R.I.P

Well it could be mate lol i am new to the whole Snake world and this is just what the petshop owner told me and i got to admit i have seen a few caramels and i thought the same as you :shrugs:

Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated:)

Very cute little critter - I am agreeing with the looks more like a carmel though. A bit too much yella there on the neck.

Jenn

I can never decide if I like Miami or Okeetee phase better. But that Miami moves my opinion closer to them...

That looks very similar to my caramel when I first got him. He's changed colour since that, getting much more yellow, but I personally would call that a caramel. :)

It might just not be a very clear picture.
I can assure you it is a caramel though, from a very reliable breeder. I think the parents are kathy love snakes too, will have to check my records though.

claireburniston said:
It might just not be a very clear picture.
I can assure you it is a caramel though, from a very reliable breeder. I think the parents are kathy love snakes too, will have to check my records though.

It doesn't matter whose snakes the parents are. What matters in deciding the morph is the genetic make up. I'm not trying to be rude here by the way, I just don't think that's a caramel. But I'm no expert. Let's see what some others say first.

I didn't think you were rude. As i say, the photo obviously does not show the colours correctly, as it is a browny colour. It also only hatched on the 14/07/06, so her colours are always developing.

Her parents were a caramel het amel x amel het motley her butter.

I'm not being rude either, but i bought her as a caramel of a well respected breeder, who actually won six trophies including best in show, at the worlds first corn snake breed show, she knows her corns.

claireburniston said:
I didn't think you were rude. As i say, the photo obviously does not show the colours correctly, as it is a browny colour. It also only hatched on the 14/07/06, so her colours are always developing.

Her parents were a caramel het amel x amel het motley her butter.

I'm not being rude either, but i bought her as a caramel of a well respected breeder, who actually won six trophies including best in show, at the worlds first corn snake breed show, she knows her corns.

Sorry, it looks like a normal to me. People make mistakes.

Normal's are possible from those parents too.

claireburniston said:
I guess i really need to get another photo then, i gurantee its not a normal.

I find it hard to see how you can guarantee the morph, 100% for certain. That's a broad statement to make. I'm sorry, but I would be very surprised if that is a caramel.

To the OP, apologies for getting a little :-offtopic .

Back