• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My New Anerythristic Corn.

Well i decided i didn't want another hatchling, so i went to a fab reptile shop in Glasgow.

and there was just under a year old anerythristic corn.

I had to have him haha

He's called Nexus.

DSCN0882.jpg

DSCN0881.jpg

DSCN0880.jpg

DSCN0879.jpg

DSCN0878.jpg

Theres a see-through hide haha. Because i thought it kept all my hides. but i never so thats getting used for the moment haha!!

Strange, I've got a friend with an anery called Nexus... she doesn't live in Glasgow though :grin01:

Nice snake. I would get him a solid hide though, an opaque one kind of defeats the object of it LOL.

Plissken said:
Nice snake. I would get him a solid hide though, an opaque one kind of defeats the object of it LOL.

Can snakes see through something tinted like that very well? It might be tinted enough so that the snake still feels safer than being out in the open. Another concern is that the hide looks very light weight.

Curious to know where this fab reptile shop in glasgow is... I too live in Glasgow?

It wasnt robert at the forge was it!?

GiantBlueberry said:
Can snakes see through something tinted like that very well? It might be tinted enough so that the snake still feels safer than being out in the open. Another concern is that the hide looks very light weight.

I'm not honestly sure - I have no way of knowing how well a snake can see through tinted plastic :shrugs: But I'd imagine it doesn't offer as much security as a solid hide. Solid hides are not hard to come by, we all have ice cream tubs and so forth around the house sometimes.

I think it doesn't matter if the snake can see through this very well, it does matter that it is not dark. Dark and tiny means safe, light means - not safe.
Easy to build hides can also be the rolls inside kitchen rolls or such things. They are easy to use for quarantine and you can just throw it away after a while. Another suggestion is simply put a lot of toilett or kitchen paper (is it called that way in english?) into the opaque hide, works fine also.

Greetings

GiantBlueberry said:

Yeah i thought i had kept some of my old hides for pervious snakes. I just stuck that in there, not sure why lol.

He's got a nice setup now, and a proper snake cave lol

Ohh i got my first corn Masi from him! But no it wasn't from him, its a shop in Victoria Road? It sells lots of different animals, but there reptile collection is quite nice. Small yet various if that makes sence? and anything thats not a baby is used to being handled.

xrazorxsharpxkissesx said:
Ohh i got my first corn Masi from him! But no it wasn't from him, its a shop in Victoria Road? It sells lots of different animals, but there reptile collection is quite nice. Small yet various if that makes sence? and anything thats not a baby is used to being handled.

Oh what is she and how much did you pay for her? His prices are a bit insane...

I havent been to the one on victoria road... I didnt know there was one. What did they have in?

Where abouts in glasgow do you live btw? If you ever want to buy any more corns (or anything really: pythons, boas, kings etc) gimme a buzz cause i know a few excellent breeders with some high end stuff at great prices okie dokie :)

Email me anytime [email protected]

Oh and have you heard of the reptile club thats held in deans on the last sunday of every month? You should tag along. Theres some great reptile breeders that go :)

Oh yeah i got a normal corn from him and he charged me £45. i'll email you the map i have of the shop im talking about.

Thats good im looking for a new royal python. preferably one who's eating well lol.

i was gonna get a lil baby royal python from the woman but she said you need to open his mouth ot feed him or he wont eat it :( didn't fancy that :)

i love outside glasgow in hamilton lol.

Royals you say... Theres a girl lives round the corner from me who breeds them. Im getting a high gold pair for 100...

But she does normals fro 45 each, all feeeding well and started on rats so theres no hassle of switching from mice to rats later on.

If you like i can give you the details of this meeting and you can see her there and ask what she has left :)

Tula_Montage said:
Royals you say... Theres a girl lives round the corner from me who breeds them. Im getting a high gold pair for 100...

But she does normals fro 45 each, all feeeding well and started on rats so theres no hassle of switching from mice to rats later on.

If you like i can give you the details of this meeting and you can see her there and ask what she has left :)

Normal royals for 45 ya say?

sounds pretty good.

Yeah give me the details that'd be great =)

Normal royals for 45 ya say?

sounds pretty good.

Yeah give me the details that'd be great =)

Meetings are held at Deans High School 2pm last Sunday every month 27th Aug this month.
Full address for you

Deans Community Highschool,
Deans,
Livingston,
EH54 8PS.

Ill be there with a few snakey friends ;)

How good :)

But yeah im really looking into the royals.

What are high gold ball pythons like? lol

pictureee?

They are just vibrant normals... Nothing special lol
no pictures yet... picking the pythons and a couple of corns from this meeting actually. so if you come along you will see them there :p

Tula_Montage said:
Curious to know where this fab reptile shop in glasgow is... I too live in Glasgow?

It wasnt robert at the forge was it!?

I went there when I was visiting scotland! Didnt have a snake at the time. Now I would be more keen to look how well their kept :rolleyes:

Back