• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My new anethrystic...

Cully

My first snake... 3 month old Black Anethrystic... and I think a mix of something else... She's kinda silvery...

First day (sorry about quality)
DSC00044.jpg

Hanging around
DSC00075.jpg

Oops... forgot to turn the piccie sideways... :/
DSC00074.jpg

Feeding time (first pinkie since I got her)
DSC00088.jpg

GULP!
DSC00087.jpg

Anyway.. will get more... Just playing for now.

Lovely little snakie! Congrats on your first baby! :cheers:

Looks like a regular Anerythristic A to me, we actually call them "silver" corns here, but don't go around calling them that! lol For one thing, its not really correct and for another no-one will know what you are talking about...lol Except other South Africans of course! :santa:

What I am trying to say is that they are normally silvery in their base colour!

Does your snake have a name yet? :) Once again congrats and thank you for sharing! Please keep us updated on your baby's progress!

Thanks... I haven't thought of a name yet... should have one in the next day or two..

She ate 2 pinkies already (1 from my hand) and is very active and lively, so I guess that means she's healthy and stuff.. :)

Anethrystic A... ok... That's probably it.. I'm not an expert, but she was more silvery than the "black anethrystic" that was in the shop.

lol You are most welcome!

Sounds like you have a healthy, happy little corn on your hands which is AWESOME!!! :) I am sure you are going to have tons of fun with her! :santa:

Well, anery A's (which is what your girl is) are by definition black so to call an anery A a "black anery" is the same as calling a dalmation a "spotted dalmation"...lol Anerythristics are also called "Black albinos" sometimes...

You get other types of anery's too, Anery Bs which are more commonly known as "Charcoals" and Anery Cs...

Best of luck!

Keep well! :cheers:

Hi,

Sorry, forgot to add that no two corns are alike...within the anery A classification, you get darker ones and lighter ones...lol that's what makes it so much fun! lol Also corn's colours will change slightly as they get older. :santa:

My Anery A Motley is unusually light but is technically still an Anery A, the motley gene can lighten their colour a bit too.. :santa:

On the third pic down he appears to have some yellow/golden tint to him that says "caramel" to me. But it could just be the lighting...

Regardless, he's a nice looking snake.

Nice looking baby she may lighten up on you as she gets older they seem to do that for us anyway.keep her eating like that and you will be on your way to have a big gal to breed . But look out you may have a 101 before you know you can get hooked real fast good luck and have a great day

Back