• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My new baby!

Teek

sleeps in a coconut
Just a little update on the girl I mentioned over here, my wee '05 normal het hypo: she has a name now! It's Seja (say-yah), which is kind of a Serbian pet-name, like kiddo/sweetie. She's an absolute peach. Brave and curious, not flighty at all! She's only been here since last weekend and I love her to little bits already.
Her first feed with me will be tomorrow, I'm so excited... :crazy02:

My roommate just took a few pictures of her, too, and I can't resist sharing some...

prettygirl0.jpg

prettygirl1.jpg

prettygirl2.jpg

prettygirl3.jpg

Thank you HanneysCorns!! :D

Love the name very unique, she is a beauty, good luck wit the first feeding...im sure all will be great, have fun with it, its really cool to watch them eat especially the first time hehe

Can't resist...

Yet more photos! Seja's just coming out of blue today. Yes, our first shed together! :D

Inspecting the new air plant. She found it acceptable.
blue00.jpg

Sniff sniff, checkin' out mum's shirt! Her colours are so dull compared to the previous photos. I hope her shed goes well...
blue01.jpg

Blue belly!
blue02.jpg

Seja may not be as fancy as other snakes, but I love her so much it hurts. :)
blue03.jpg

And she's completely obsessed with her new moist hide—I'm glad I found one for a good price.

Well isn't she the little spoiled one!!!!! Seja looks very contented. I'm glad she waited for the week to go into the 'blue'....her colours will be even more vibrant this time.

Great photos by the way...she seems to really love the camera. The closeup of her head in blue and the air plant exploration are 'picture perfect'. If you're 'really lucky', maybe she will shed while you are 'peeking'......

Enjoy!

Ruth

Spoiled is right... she's curled up inside my cozy-warm housecoat right now. I plan on spoiling her (in good ways!) as much as I can. :D I'm excited to see what she'll look like after the shed, too.

Thanks to my roommate for the great photos—she has a fancy-schmancy camera with a zoom lens and all!

Very lovely litte corn - congrats on the new one. Just a comment about her being curled up in your housecoat - works fine as long as she isn't ready to poo - sometimes you will be able to see it is iminent, but often it is without warning and warm snake poo all over your pocket (or elsewhere) is just one facet of cornsnake ownership. Be cautious about where you handle them - they don't have great control!!

mary v.

Aw, I don't mind. I mean, it'd be kinda gross, but I'm used to poo accidents—with birds in the house, it's just a fact of life. I don't plan on stuffing her down my shirt three days after she's had a big meal or anything, though... :grin01:

It's so funny. I'm (relatively) okay with animal messes, but anything related to a human—even hairs in the bathroom sink, argh—makes me want to puke. Ah well! Good reason to hang around snakes more often!

vanderkm said:
Very lovely litte corn - congrats on the new one. Just a comment about her being curled up in your housecoat - works fine as long as she isn't ready to poo - sometimes you will be able to see it is iminent, but often it is without warning and warm snake poo all over your pocket (or elsewhere) is just one facet of cornsnake ownership. Be cautious about where you handle them - they don't have great control!!

Back